Brighton Collectibles

There are newer employer reviews for Brighton Collectibles

Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Brighton Collectibles full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Beautiful Store, Caring Manager and DM. I have so much fun with the team and our clients, every day it feels like I am hanging out with my girlfriends and getting paid for it. Learning is a passion and Brighton provides lots of information and opportunities to learn about how our accessories are inspired, designed and made. We have events and promotions to show appreciation to our clients and the community and these are always fun. My favorite part of the job is being allowed to be creative in my client relationships .

Cons

Brighton needs to find a way to share just how fun working here is. This forum in my opinion doesn't do the company justice.

Keep up the great work and Big Hearts....

77 Other Employee Reviews for Brighton Collectibles (View Most Recent)

"Don't Look Behind the Curtain ...it will spoil the Brighton Collectibles Image"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Brighton Collectibles full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As you read these reviews you see that more and more there aren't enough good reasons to choose to work for Brighton Collectibles.

Cons

Privately owned and so there is less scrutiny on workplace violations like having non-exempt managers work alone an entire day without any lunch break - not being paid overtime when due. Exempt managers are asked to work through their lunches too or work "Off the clock" at home or extended hours after closing.

Delve deeper into what is being "swept under the rug" in your stores. Your people are extremely exhausted, micromanaged and demoralized, and afraid to tell you because they need their job!

Emotionally, physically, and mentally draining.

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Brighton Collectibles full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It's easy to get excited when surrounded by such beautiful merchandise, in such beautiful stores, with such wonderful customers. When first starting with this company, you are made to feel like you are an important piece of their puzzle. If you stay long enough, you will just become one of their pawns.

Cons

It's fairly obvious that the review dated 6/23/13 is bogus. So sad, indeed, that the owner is just now becoming aware of what is going on right under his nose when so very many people have tried to communicate this to him for such a long time now. This company is full of gossip, starting at the corporate level. They claim to have an open door policy - but be forewarned. If you speak the truth, you will be blacklisted. The district managers are trained to be bullies. There are no confidences. And no matter how good of an employee you are, it's never good enough. At the end, you will be hurt - and no one will care.

None - because they are absolutely not interested in hearing so don't waste your breath. Also, I would like to say that I approve of the owner, Jerry, because I know that everyone always loved him so much. But seriously, shouldn't he take some responsibility here and get this ugliness under some control? The wrong people are being let go, while the people creating all of the problems remain.

There are newer employer reviews for Brighton Collectibles