Brightside Academy

Over worked, Under paid!

Current Employee - ECE Lead Teacher
Current Employee - ECE Lead Teacher

I have been working at Brightside Academy

Pros

It pays more that most other child care centers.

Cons

Brightside does NOT like to consider itself a child/day care center. However, the coporate vision is much different than that of the teachers, assistants and staff working with the children in the centers.

Medical benefits are UNAFFORDABLE and some make just a few dollars over the max allowable income to receive medicaid, not easy to take a day off or even half a day, schedule changes daily (too many calls at night to tell staff to come in at 6:30am), too much FORCED overtime with no pay for salaried employees (OT due to lack of staff, meetings or saturday trainings), many staff members are not educated in behavior management techniques used for preschoolers so they are yelling at kids all day, children are moved from room to room in order to stay in ratio but then they are not used to being in another class with different expectations for behavior causing major frustration in the child. Centers do not have a school wide beh mgt policy which makes life very complicated.

FIRE teachers who do not understand the curriculum or who are unwilling to follow the rules. Hire competent teachers and assistants.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Brightside Academy (View Most Recent)

Not what I expected

I have been working at Brightside Academy

Pros

State of the art facility. Commercialized. Generic.
    I have nothing more to say

Cons

They don't pay for brakes. You are there for 9 hours. Their pay doesn't match what they expect from you. Private schools period don't pay well. They also try to put kids in your class that are not in your roster because their teacher was absent. They provide health insurance but it is extremely expensive. $160 every two weeks off your check. Smh

Excellent people very supportive

Current Employee - Director  in  Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Akron, OH

I have been working at Brightside Academy full-time for more than a year

Pros

I would recommend this company to anyone in this industry

Cons

I don't have any cons.

I am management.

There are newer employer reviews for Brightside Academy

Worked for Brightside Academy? Contribute to the Community!