Brightside Academy

Over worked, Under paid!

Current Employee - ECE Lead Teacher
Current Employee - ECE Lead Teacher

I have been working at Brightside Academy

Pros

It pays more that most other child care centers.

Cons

Brightside does NOT like to consider itself a child/day care center. However, the coporate vision is much different than that of the teachers, assistants and staff working with the children in the centers.

Medical benefits are UNAFFORDABLE and some make just a few dollars over the max allowable income to receive medicaid, not easy to take a day off or even half a day, schedule changes daily (too many calls at night to tell staff to come in at 6:30am), too much FORCED overtime with no pay for salaried employees (OT due to lack of staff, meetings or saturday trainings), many staff members are not educated in behavior management techniques used for preschoolers so they are yelling at kids all day, children are moved from room to room in order to stay in ratio but then they are not used to being in another class with different expectations for behavior causing major frustration in the child. Centers do not have a school wide beh mgt policy which makes life very complicated.

FIRE teachers who do not understand the curriculum or who are unwilling to follow the rules. Hire competent teachers and assistants.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Brightside Academy (View Most Recent)

'''I've been employed at Brightside for only six months as custodian, only walking distance from my home''''

I worked at Brightside Academy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company opened the doors of at least five or more brand new daycare centers between Brooklyn and the Bronx, that's helping the community with the support of an early education and childcare striving for a better future for us all'''

Cons

Theirs an on line mandatory four hour exam everyone must past before being employed, every custodian must be certified with an OSHA certification certificate, the pay, not great, but enjoyed what I did'''

I wouldn't send my kid there

I have been working at Brightside Academy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

im glad I don't work there anymore

Cons

incompetent lazy management, backstabbing corporate who makes rules up as they go, no leadership, kids are treated like crap, kids are abused ,favoritism, no respect for employees, a unprofessional atmosphere, no creativity allowed, rules aren't followed a phony backstabbing atmosphere

treat employees with respect, cant get things or materials you need, foodservice department is a joke serving unhealthy nasty food with no guidelines....

There are newer employer reviews for Brightside Academy