Brightside Academy

brightsideacademy.com

Over worked, Under paid!

ECE Lead Teacher (Current Employee)

ProsIt pays more that most other child care centers.

ConsBrightside does NOT like to consider itself a child/day care center. However, the coporate vision is much different than that of the teachers, assistants and staff working with the children in the centers.

Medical benefits are UNAFFORDABLE and some make just a few dollars over the max allowable income to receive medicaid, not easy to take a day off or even half a day, schedule changes daily (too many calls at night to tell staff to come in at 6:30am), too much FORCED overtime with no pay for salaried employees (OT due to lack of staff, meetings or saturday trainings), many staff members are not educated in behavior management techniques used for preschoolers so they are yelling at kids all day, children are moved from room to room in order to stay in ratio but then they are not used to being in another class with different expectations for behavior causing major frustration in the child. Centers do not have a school wide beh mgt policy which makes life very complicated.

Advice to Senior ManagementFIRE teachers who do not understand the curriculum or who are unwilling to follow the rules. Hire competent teachers and assistants.

Excellent people very supportive

Director (Current Employee) Akron, OH

I have been working at Brightside Academy full-time for more than a year

Pros: I would recommend this company to anyone in this industry Cons: I don't have any cons. Advice to Senior Management: I am management. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Decent job with downfalls

Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) Toledo, OH

I worked at Brightside Academy part-time for less than a year

Pros: Some of the other teachers were very nice and looked out for you. At first the bosses seemed to care about you and how you… Cons: The company itself did not care. The building wasn't in the best condition. The parents were rude at times and the children were abusive to the… Advice to Senior Management: They need to be more understanding about their employees and their needs. They also need to check on more often… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Brightside Academy.

Worked for Brightside Academy? Contribute to the Community!