Brightside Academy

brightsideacademy.com
  brightsideacademy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brightside Academy

I can only speak for the center where I worked.........

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher  in  Bronx, NY
Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Bronx, NY

I worked at Brightside Academy

Pros

while working there you are able to help children that come from underprivileged communities. Also, the teachers and assistants are very friendly. The parents and teachers appreciate your hard work and diligence.

Cons

Where should I start..........The pay is horrible. The work is grueling. While there I was a teacher, janitor, cook, security guard and so much more. After all the hard work you put in your efforts will never be acknowledged by management. Speaking of management, very rude no respect for employees.

Offer confidential surveys for employees about the directors. Allow employs to mail them in. Some individuals want to voice concern but don't wan to lose their jobs.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Brightside Academy (View Most Recent)

Over worked, Under paid!

Current Employee - ECE Lead Teacher
    Current Employee - ECE Lead Teacher

I have been working at Brightside Academy

Pros

It pays more that most other child care centers.

Cons

Brightside does NOT like to consider itself a child/day care center. However, the coporate vision is much different than that of the teachers, assistants and staff working with the children in the centers.

Medical benefits are UNAFFORDABLE and some make just a few dollars over the max allowable income to receive medicaid, not easy to take a day off or even half a day, schedule changes daily (too many calls at night to tell staff to come in at 6:30am), too much FORCED overtime with no pay for salaried employees (OT due to lack of staff, meetings or saturday trainings), many staff members are not educated in behavior management techniques used for preschoolers so they are yelling at kids all day, children are moved from room to room in order to stay in ratio but then they are not used to being in another class with different expectations for behavior causing major frustration in the child. Centers do not have a school wide beh mgt policy which makes life very complicated.

FIRE teachers who do not understand the curriculum or who are unwilling to follow the rules. Hire competent teachers and assistants.

Not what I expected

I have been working at Brightside Academy

Pros

State of the art facility. Commercialized. Generic.
    I have nothing more to say

Cons

They don't pay for brakes. You are there for 9 hours. Their pay doesn't match what they expect from you. Private schools period don't pay well. They also try to put kids in your class that are not in your roster because their teacher was absent. They provide health insurance but it is extremely expensive. $160 every two weeks off your check. Smh

There are newer employer reviews for Brightside Academy

Worked for Brightside Academy? Contribute to the Community!