Brightside Academy

brightsideacademy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brightside Academy

Brightside academy is one of the worst places to work in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Brightside Academy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

No pros at all except for the lunch and super which I think is making the kids over weight

Cons

O Lord where should I start off, first they hire really ghetto people like seriously, the pay is not good, You have to do so much mop the floors, vacuum, teach the kids, design the classroom, take out the garbage, there’s see through windows so the parents can pop in anytime. It’s just ridiculous. For certified teachers this job is not worth your time and energy. Get another low paying job in another daycare not this and you’re going to be working with ghetto people in a ghetto neighborhood with directors who don’t appreciate your work and don’t understand your only human after a 9 hour shift including lunch with no pay it’s not worth your time and energy. The curriculum here is horrible the children don’t learn anything. PARENTS DON’T BRING YOUR CHILDREN INTO THIS DAYCARE. YOU WONT BE HAPPY.

Come to New York observe the center and change your philosophy and curriculum. I really hope the government stops the funding for this organization because it’s not worth it at all and a uniform for certified teachers please.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Brightside Academy (View Most Recent)

I can only speak for the center where I worked.........

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Bronx, NY

I worked at Brightside Academy

Pros

while working there you are able to help children that come from underprivileged communities. Also, the teachers and assistants are very friendly. The parents and teachers appreciate your hard work and diligence.

Cons

Where should I start..........The pay is horrible. The work is grueling. While there I was a teacher, janitor, cook, security guard and so much more. After all the hard work you put in your efforts will never be acknowledged by management. Speaking of management, very rude no respect for employees.

Offer confidential surveys for employees about the directors. Allow employs to mail them in. Some individuals want to voice concern but don't wan to lose their jobs.

Over worked, Under paid!

Current Employee - ECE Lead Teacher
    Current Employee - ECE Lead Teacher

I have been working at Brightside Academy

Pros

It pays more that most other child care centers.

Cons

Brightside does NOT like to consider itself a child/day care center. However, the coporate vision is much different than that of the teachers, assistants and staff working with the children in the centers.

Medical benefits are UNAFFORDABLE and some make just a few dollars over the max allowable income to receive medicaid, not easy to take a day off or even half a day, schedule changes daily (too many calls at night to tell staff to come in at 6:30am), too much FORCED overtime with no pay for salaried employees (OT due to lack of staff, meetings or saturday trainings), many staff members are not educated in behavior management techniques used for preschoolers so they are yelling at kids all day, children are moved from room to room in order to stay in ratio but then they are not used to being in another class with different expectations for behavior causing major frustration in the child. Centers do not have a school wide beh mgt policy which makes life very complicated.

FIRE teachers who do not understand the curriculum or who are unwilling to follow the rules. Hire competent teachers and assistants.

There are newer employer reviews for Brightside Academy