There are newer employer reviews for Brightstar

Be careful what you sign up for!

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Libertyville, IL
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Libertyville, IL

I worked at Brightstar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, highly paced work, some quality workers

Cons

Know what you are EXACTLY signing up for! Hiring managers are contract workers that are only interesting in filling positions. I thought I knew what job I accepted then quickly realized I was in a specialized group with a different title. Directors and above are to be treated like gods! Make sure you have at least this title...almost everyone else does. There are some good managers in the company - make sure you have one! Try and figure out their personal lives and personality - this will be a good gauge. The Others will make you life a living hell! A lot of Australians in power - I mention this because apparently their outrageous behavior is allowed because "thats how business is run in Australia". They will rip up your work, swear at you, and make you feel like scum.

One of my favorite quotes from a manager in response to asking for help, "this is not a teaching company". So you better be ready!

CEO and new owner, Softbank, are trying to take over the wireless world. They are heavily investing and trying to completely change very quickly - This will either work well, or fall quickly apart. This leaves absolutely no personal time for employees...every task is critical. It is not uncommon to work a 15 hour day and then get ripped apart for not finishing your work. A normal weekday includes 5-8 hours of meetings so any actual work is required to be done at home.

PMO Group potential hires - Make sure you have no business experience since it will only frustrate you. Make sure your font selection and powerpoint margin control are point on since content does not matter what-so-ever in this group!

Side note - Salaries are great but healthcare is awful! Get ready to change all your doctors!

Take a second and breathe! Get to know your employees and allow for some work/life balance...this will stop employees from burning out after a year.

They company has grown rapidly - there is no need to rush the growth and throw out customers that got you where you are!

79 Other Employee Reviews for Brightstar (View Most Recent)

Roller Coaster Ride

I worked at Brightstar

Pros

Excellent pay and extremely intelligent, high quality employees.

Cons

The company is very non-structured and inefficient with lack of processes and a make it happen mentality. The controlling ownership of the company has changed and thus are currently undergoing many organizational changes including significant layoffs. Very unstable environment and poor morale.

Strap in and get ready to go go go!

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Libertyville, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Brightstar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of exposure to lots of things quickly. Gave me an opportunity to hone my skills and work on many projects at the same time.

Cons

Hard for a work life balance sometimes. I can't take a day off just to do things around the house or have a day to myself. No down time.

Have some vision. Give the good people a little break. Don't allow the slackers to stay just because you don't want to lose a butt in the seat at the moment.

There are newer employer reviews for Brightstar

Worked for Brightstar? Contribute to the Community!