Brightview Senior Living

www.brightviewseniorliving.com
  www.brightviewseniorliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brightview Senior Living

Is perfect for people who like human interaction.

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Bel Air, MD
Former Employee - Housekeeper in Bel Air, MD

I worked at Brightview Senior Living part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the teams were great. Mine happened to be one of them. Free coffee and some other perks. Nice and clean place to work. Pay was great. Co-workers from other teams were always friendly and inviting. A really nice place to work if you have the right position.

Cons

Management was not always on the same page with current events or issues of the team. My shift never rotated and I was unable to become full-time even though I worked the full-time hours. There is no growth or development in certain positions. Especially mine. If you were a housekeeper you would be worked a lot because they do not have enough people to back up the team in case of emergencies or for rotation. Although this may get better as years go on. I sure hope so.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Brightview Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Poor Staff and Poor Management!!!!!

Former Employee - Resident Assistant in East Norriton, PA
    Former Employee - Resident Assistant in East Norriton, PA

I worked at Brightview Senior Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The residents are the only and best part of this facility!!

Cons

The supervisor does not practice confidentiality. Management is not professional at all! Pay is horrible!! Staff is horrible!!

Listen to your employees. We work closely with the residents and other staff members and we know close hand what is bad, good, and what needs to be changed!! Treat all staff members equally!! What goes for one should go for ALL!!! Stop being friends with certain staff members and allowing them to show up late daily!! Not complete the assignments and leaving residents unclean and thrown together! Hire people who will do the job correctly!! Hire people who actually care about the residents and doing a GREAT job to take care of them!! When an associate approaches you with an issue regarding the job or another associates lack of work ethic, it is unprofessional to then go back to other associates and repeat what was told in confidence. This makes associates uncomfortable with telling their supervisors anything!!! As a supervisor or and member in management, play your role correctly. If you higher up's don't care then your associates will not care as well!!! That is a problem when the associates don't care about the job or residents. Then who suffers? The residents who are paying their hard earned money to live there. This facility as it stands at this current time needs to make a lot of changes or it will never get better but continue getting worse!! Management if you reading these words, take them seriously and do what needs to be done to make this community a place people want to work in and elderly will want to give up their homes to live in. Start caring about everything from the ground up!! The people that you hire and the people that are living there. Show true concern and take action when issues are brought to your attention. We understand that there are steps to handling everything. But inform us as staff members so we know that a matter wasn't just brushed off. I hope that you have read these words and that REAL change is on its way!! Time will tell

Community Sales Director

Former Employee - Community Sales Director in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Community Sales Director in Woburn, MA

I worked at Brightview Senior Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great people to work with minus above management
    great pay if you work hard and produce

Cons

never enough residents, never pushing hard enough, never enough phone calls even when you are doing everything you can do. This position is a rotating door, plan your next position

Understand what the DCR is trying to accomplish and note that the market has changed. You can't literally pick someone up and move them in if they don't want to know matter how hard you try.

There are newer employer reviews for Brightview Senior Living