Brink's Home Security

www.brinkshomesecurity.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brink's Home Security

Broadview Security - Excellent for contact center workers, disorganized at upper levels.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Brink's Home Security

Pros

Broadview Security (formerly Brink's Home Security) is an outstanding work environment. The employees and supervisors all maintaina positive working relationship and there is a great sense of "team" within each group and department. The benefits are comparable to similar organizations with reasonably priced health, dental, and vision benefits. Employees are provided with adequate time off and the company has a flexible attendance policy. Compensation for call center employees is slightly better than most in the area. In addition, there is a clear career path for contact center employees to develop via a structured training and development program.

Cons

As is the case within many companies, information is generally poorly communicated. Conflicting information is often delivered to front-line employees and revised several times over a short period of time.

Compensation for exempt level employees is below average for the market.

There are insufficient opportunities for exempt level employees to progress and grow professionally at some locations.

The appearance of disorganization and poor decision making often frustrate employees at all levels of the organization. The best advice I could give would be to closely evaluate the work environment for the front-line representatives and attempt to view organizational, policy, and procedure changes as they do. I would also encourage market studies to determine a more competitive pay scale for exempt level staff.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Brink's Home Security (View Most Recent)

Good Company to work for, but experienced major micro-management

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Irving, TX

I worked at Brink's Home Security

Pros

This is a good company, it is strong in the market and has a good reputation.. Has good training program which lasts for several weeks. Supervisors are great. There is plenty of room for advancement.

Cons

I felt like everything I did was being checked to find errors. I was apprehensive most of the time, like I was might do or say something that might not be acceptable. You are graded and rated constantly.
    After the first 2 weeks or so, I felt like I was on the way out the door. I didn't feel that there was a secure future there. Heaven forbid you don't make your numbers quickly, you will be put on notice!
    The immediate team managers were very suportive and that made it a little easier to get through the days.

Losen up a little bit, you've got great people working for you in your sales department, but no one wants to constantly be in a "Big Brother" environment. Do something about your quality team, nobody likes them!

Look elswhere if you want to make money

Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative

I worked at Brink's Home Security

Pros

Training is excellent to start, so if you are looking for a starter company to begin with here is one for you. Tech support is usually very competent. Good Benefits Package. Nice fuel re-imbursement package as well

Cons

Training stops after their official training seminar in Irving. You've heard the definition of insanity, that is there idea of training. No creativity whatsoever. Pay Matrix takes 6 months to start to understand on how and what you are getting paid, yet during the interview they show you 1 figure they "wink" guarantee you will make and of course after the fact it is nowhere close to the real results.

Pay your people what they are worth.

There are newer employer reviews for Brink's Home Security