Brink's Home Security

Been great working here

Current Employee - Monitoring in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Monitoring in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Brink's Home Security

Pros

Wonderful people to work with. Very flexible with the hours. Fun and easy going atmosphere while still being very professional. Lots of recgonition and encouragement to individually grow within the company.

Cons

there isn't many cons about working with brinks home security. At least not within my department. Probably I would only suggest to increase staffing only because the alarm volume can get pretty high at times and don't want it to effect our response time for our customers.

I really hope you keep up all of your good work. Especially now and more so after the merge is complete.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Brink's Home Security (View Most Recent)

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Analyst in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at Brink's Home Security

Pros

This place is full of honest and good people, who are committed to their jobs yet open to discussion of new ideas.

Also, Call Centers are located within the campus, so you get a good sense of diversity and reality.

Cons

IT change processes are a little muddied and difficult to follow, but intentions are there, and management has strong technical ability.

Vacation benefits lack. 2 weeks/year for the first 5 years, but this does not include sick days. This of course seems to encourage folks to play hooky!!

Be aware of how the business culture is changing. Lots of long-term employees can cause a stagnant culture that has not progressed with the times.

Broadview Security - Excellent for contact center workers, disorganized at upper levels.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Brink's Home Security

Pros

Broadview Security (formerly Brink's Home Security) is an outstanding work environment. The employees and supervisors all maintaina positive working relationship and there is a great sense of "team" within each group and department. The benefits are comparable to similar organizations with reasonably priced health, dental, and vision benefits. Employees are provided with adequate time off and the company has a flexible attendance policy. Compensation for call center employees is slightly better than most in the area. In addition, there is a clear career path for contact center employees to develop via a structured training and development program.

Cons

As is the case within many companies, information is generally poorly communicated. Conflicting information is often delivered to front-line employees and revised several times over a short period of time.

Compensation for exempt level employees is below average for the market.

There are insufficient opportunities for exempt level employees to progress and grow professionally at some locations.

The appearance of disorganization and poor decision making often frustrate employees at all levels of the organization. The best advice I could give would be to closely evaluate the work environment for the front-line representatives and attempt to view organizational, policy, and procedure changes as they do. I would also encourage market studies to determine a more competitive pay scale for exempt level staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Brink's Home Security