Brink's, Incorporated

www.brinks.com
  www.brinks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brink's, Incorporated

I thought the military was bad, worst place I have ever worked.

Current Employee - Slave in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Slave in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Few-very few co-workers who still value good work ethics.

Cons

EVERYTHING ELSE. No time with family. Can't move up in the company. You have to know someone to be taken care of. No integrity. A haven for scum bags who want to get paid and do nothing. NO DISCIPLINE. You have to kill someone to get fired. Employees laugh at you for trying to correct their mistake. I wouldn't trust 95% of employees with a firearm much less handle cash. I would rather go back to the military and deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan again then to work for this company.

They don't care for what I have to say. I would just be wasting my breath.

193 Other Employee Reviews for Brink's, Incorporated (View Most Recent)

Messenger

Current Employee - Armed Guard
    Current Employee - Armed Guard

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Every day is fun, you get to flirt with all the ladies. Women love the uniform. This job looks good on your resume for those future cops if you don't get fired for stealing. They don't polygraph you but the background check is extensive. You get issued a handgun and utility belt, you can't carry your own weapon or gear.

Cons

You never know when your day will end until you clock out. 8 to 12 hour days and low hourly wage considering you are putting your life on the line to deliver money. Late dinners and my home life is limited due to the long days. No advancement.

More pizza parties.

It's a job, not a career. Do not look here to learn or grow professionally.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a job. In a city that has a high unemployment rate, that's one of the few positives I can say about this branch.

Cons

Unprofessional on many levels, disorganized, an excessive lack of ongoing training, certifications are not maintained, unsanitary working conditions, lack of quality training for management, over-all low moral among majority of staff.

Advice to corporate... open your eyes and pay attention!! This is a huge branch that could benefit vastly by training for all levels- management, salary, and hourly staff. Certifications are severely over-expired, the facilities are quite unkempt, management is inconsistent in protocols, changes in structure are not upheld, moral is very low, and the overall impression is that hourly employees are not cared for beyond the time they serve on the job. The corporate philosophy is to place family of employees at a level of high importance. It certainly is not regarded at this branch and in turn employees are quite unhappy and discouraged due to long shifts, and a lack of consistent staffing. Cross-train ALL employees and continue to educate them regularly! It will make the branch stronger over-all, will increase productivity, and will lessen the disorganization in general. Ask for opinions and suggestions from the areas where there are the most people performing work, not just at the management level. You'll get A LOT more insight as to what is happening within the branch.

There are newer employer reviews for Brink's, Incorporated