Brink's, Incorporated

There are newer employer reviews for Brink's, Incorporated

Stay Away!

Former Employee - Project Manager in Coppell, TX
Former Employee - Project Manager in Coppell, TX

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Zero... The paycheck was not even worth it as I dreaded going into the office daily as the oppression from the weak and lame management was almost too much to withstand. One good day occurred when the "leadership" all played in a golf tournament. That's it...

Cons

The so-called leadership in place is a tongue and cheek reference at best. The sad truth is that leadership at Brink's in nothing more than a faux image of people who masquerade in a VP or director role and are in fact nothing more than bully's or "yes men" who kowtow to an overpriced consulting team there to fleece the company for overpriced work. Adding insult to injury, these over paid consultants all used to work with the current CIO keeping all those outside the circle of CIO trust walking around on eggshells afraid they might anger one of the consultants and lose their job. Saddest of all is that most of the remaining employees are at Brink's because they are unemployable elsewhere. Moral is so low that most good employees have left and/or have just stopped caring.

Leave Brink's and try managing something in the food service industry. That is all you are qualified to do...

195 Other Employee Reviews for Brink's, Incorporated (View Most Recent)

Brinks provided an opportunity to grow in my career in the UNIX / AIX environment.

Former Employee - Senior AIX Administrator in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Senior AIX Administrator in Coppell, TX

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stable employment for the time employed.

Cons

New management seem to make too many rapid changes.

Slow down. Think things thru before you jump into a costly mistake.

San Antonio Branch headed towards iceberg!

Current Employee - Route Messenger in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Route Messenger in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a good company until their "so called path to 2015" which is showing its true colors more and more each day. It seems more dirty by the day Brinks is robbing its own employees by each month thru this path. The perfect slow crime to us. This path is just an iceberg that we are headed to.

Cons

Double standards company has posts of robberys but robbery posts are not sympathy of Brinks employee hurt or killed but of what employee did wrong to get hurt. Its like saying that person deserved getting hurt. A big example is policy of coin and currency rule carried in same time. Well news is if we follow this rules we get off midnight or get off a decent time to see daylight with adding stops to routes it doesnt help. The fact is if an employee is robbed that employee will end up getting fired because Brinks will micro point out a mistake. Management and supervisors need to take care of their hard working employees more especially right now with this changes happening.We find ourselves working harder than before with no rewards or even a motivational award for working hard. The aftermath of this path will be some quitting and some getting hurt. Managers and supervisors don't care anymore. Trucks break more often from a scam our diesel mechanic shop under contract is probably getting rich off of company. They refuse to hire a mechanic.

For safety, downsize stops on routes we are not robots if you want us to follow rules.Have a manager or supervisor be a messenger on each route for a couple days to see what we go through and see how long a day it will really be.Lead by example! Management needs to motivate us and stop bringing our morale down. Make us work as a team and not as one. I think all management and supervisors here needs the course of "ACTS" instead of telling employees that they need it especially when employee gets blamed by management no matter what. Management also needs to get more involved with employees example is our cookouts involve one veteran employee handling whole cookout for us never with management around to help this poor veteran employee. No picnics or family involvment here ever! To managment you want people to feel like working WITH you not just for you! Maybe the ACTS program hasn't covered that part yet or forget to leave that out!

There are newer employer reviews for Brink's, Incorporated