There are newer employer reviews for Brinker

Dallas treats their managers like numbers not people

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Brinker

Pros

Family life, holidays closed and Salary

Cons

When it comes down to it, Dallas does not take care of the managers that devote more time to them than their families. It used to be a situation where it was fun to go to work. It was awesome to work at Chili's. In the past 4 years it has turned from a place where you felt appreciated to a place you do not want to be. Bonuses used to be designed to reward their management but have now became a joke. They are not even 30% of what they used to be. Also if you get sick or go on medical leave they will try to find any reason to get you out the door.

Know what your area managers are doing

reviews filtered by
  1. Working for the Brinker company has been good

Current Employee - Server in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Current Employee - Server in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I have been working at Brinker part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The job atmosphere at the Brinker position is great. Friendly co workers and good site set up. Pay average for the industry.

Cons

Some of the customers can be unpleasant at times.

2. Has gone from "work hard, play hard" to just "work hard". No one "Play's Restaurant" any more.

I have been working at Brinker full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Although there has been a lot of turnover, there are still phenomenal people at Brinker. I very much enjoy working with them every day and moving the business forward.

Cons

More and more of the new people in the company embody the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. While driving for some monthly result, they drive over coworkers. Several months of this sort of behavior has taken its toll, creating more and more of an "us vs. them" attitude. Brinker is losing its family unity.

The focus on listening to the managers and flattening communication with the field has been great. There is no reason that we had to stop doing the same at the Home Office. The Home Office is smaller than ever, yet the casual face-to-face with leadership is at an all-time low.

There are newer employer reviews for Brinker