Brinker

www.brinker.com

Need to evaluate the model to ensure the constant change from buying/selling/franchising companies is really necessary.

Human Resources (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are wonderful. I know a lot of people would say that, but for this company it was so far beyond what I expected that at first I was a little suspicious. Never have I had bosses and coworkers who cared as much about me as a person as they did about me as a professional. That sort of culture is contagious, and I think Brinker has continued to bring in great people. I can also say that I never once saw a decision that was made that was without the best of intentions. While no leadership team ever makes all the right decisions, they always acted in the best interest of the company and were quick to change their path as soon as the result weren't headed in the right direction.

ConsThe restaurant industry is a tough one to be a part of right now and has been for a few years. It's hard to have to say goodbye to friends and coworkers when the results force restaurants to close and people to be laid off. This is not unique to Brinker or even the restaurant industry, and I must say, I felt the employees were treated fairly in each case. Other challenges just include the nature of the industry itself - weekends are the busiest times, few holidays, long hours, etc. But, for those of us who love the industry, I think we thrive on that kind of schedule!

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advice Sr. Mgmt that although there have been a ton of changes, they should stay true to who they are and remember their values as they go into new roles, perhaps supporting different concepts and working for new leaders. Brinker is special because of it's history. No company I have worked for had a stronger sense of that history and how it makes them unique. My fear is that in all of the upheaval, this could be lost or forgotten. While I think the leaders who were in place when I left would never forget that family like culture, where it's okay to have fun, because we should have fun taking care of the guests, it can be easy to lose that when too many leadership roles are replaced.

Macaroni Grill is not a terrible restaurant to work at.

Server Assistant (Current Employee) Mandeville, LA

I have been working at Brinker

Pros: It is very easy once you learn the menu, policies, and procedures. The money is not the most you could make working in a… Cons: Some of the managers are not very good with people skills. Upper management has completely lost touch with the day to day operations of… Advice to Senior Management: Work in every position for the rate of pay each… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Brinker satisfies it's reputation as an "ok" place to work.

General Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

I worked at Brinker

Pros: Large company with many locations. There is a significant feeling of "family" with the area you work in. With the large number of… Cons: Too much competition for too few jobs. If you are not in a large area and near the leadership team, it is very difficult… Advice to Senior Management: Spend some time in the restaurants. Spend less time "knee-jerking".… More
There are newer reviews on Brinker.

Worked for Brinker? Contribute to the Community!