There are newer employer reviews for Brinker

Fun place to wait tables

Former Employee - Waiter
Former Employee - Waiter

I worked at Brinker

Pros

You get to write your name upside down with crayons on their paper table cloths, where goofy ties, and break out into spontaneous italian songs.

Cons

Its a corporate restaurant so they give you three table sections to which you make mediocre pay compared to some private restaurants which give you as many tables as you can handle.

Performed competently but seemed to switch management a lot. Careful of the line between boss and friends, and don't play favorites.

87 Other Employee Reviews for Brinker (View Most Recent)

Another waiting job that, well, is waiting.

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Brinker

Pros

Flexibility and quick money. Not bad for a part-time worker, full-time college student.

Cons

Customers are demanding since its a chain restaurant. There is a significantly high amount of turnover. Its a rather dirty industry as well.

Offer more hourly since the economy has crushed tips.

Need to evaluate the model to ensure the constant change from buying/selling/franchising companies is really necessary.

Former Employee - Human Resources
    Former Employee - Human Resources

I worked at Brinker

Pros

The people are wonderful. I know a lot of people would say that, but for this company it was so far beyond what I expected that at first I was a little suspicious. Never have I had bosses and coworkers who cared as much about me as a person as they did about me as a professional. That sort of culture is contagious, and I think Brinker has continued to bring in great people. I can also say that I never once saw a decision that was made that was without the best of intentions. While no leadership team ever makes all the right decisions, they always acted in the best interest of the company and were quick to change their path as soon as the result weren't headed in the right direction.

Cons

The restaurant industry is a tough one to be a part of right now and has been for a few years. It's hard to have to say goodbye to friends and coworkers when the results force restaurants to close and people to be laid off. This is not unique to Brinker or even the restaurant industry, and I must say, I felt the employees were treated fairly in each case. Other challenges just include the nature of the industry itself - weekends are the busiest times, few holidays, long hours, etc. But, for those of us who love the industry, I think we thrive on that kind of schedule!

I would advice Sr. Mgmt that although there have been a ton of changes, they should stay true to who they are and remember their values as they go into new roles, perhaps supporting different concepts and working for new leaders. Brinker is special because of it's history. No company I have worked for had a stronger sense of that history and how it makes them unique. My fear is that in all of the upheaval, this could be lost or forgotten. While I think the leaders who were in place when I left would never forget that family like culture, where it's okay to have fun, because we should have fun taking care of the guests, it can be easy to lose that when too many leadership roles are replaced.

There are newer employer reviews for Brinker