There are newer employer reviews for Brinker

Not for those who care or want to succeed

Current Employee - Culinary Manager
Current Employee - Culinary Manager

I have been working at Brinker full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get a paycheck, that's it.

Cons

As a manager, you are constantly required to cut hours to make your budget/plan. By doing this, you are required to cook, be a dishwasher, be a server, be a host, run the window, etc. we put in 70 hour work weeks and then get the "you need to cut more hours" from the schedule.

Your GM is not held accountable. You will work your butt off to get ahead but at the end of the day, it's just to make them look good. I was recently told to "figure out the solution" for a problem we've had for a year. My GM doesn't care about it. Rather than hold him accountable, it's left to me. It's easier to tell me to do something rather than my boss who is ultimately the one who should be making those decisions

Work life balance is absolutely non existent. They talk a big game but there's no follow through.

I've been promotable for 2 years and have been passed over twice. They don't like promoting women. It's only happened once in my career (almost 8 years).

Advice to Management

Hold GMs accountable for their location, not only their managers. Very few of us are getting the development we need and deserve. You are constantly telling us to. "Look in the mirror". May I suggest you do the same???

We can cut all the hours you want but that work is still there to do. Your managers aren't leaders, they are highly paid hourly workers.

reviews filtered by
  1. Excellent management and employee support

Former Employee - Server in Ormond Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Ormond Beach, FL

I worked at Brinker part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers are some of the best in the industry. In confluence with the sincere, caring work environment, it is second to none. Excellent employee training.

Cons

Hard to get full time as a server. However 30 hours is considered full time in the food industry by many, so that may be why.

Advice to Management

Delineate side work so that staff is not responsible for designating duties. This would help to ensure equity in designation of side work.

2. A fabulous culture that's dying...

I have been working at Brinker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many nice people and a relaxed work environment.

Cons

New management is trying to make Brinker better but in doing so, they loose what sets Brinker apart. Things aren't the same anymore and every decision that is made seems to make things worse.