Brinker

Not much fun anymore

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Brinker

Pros

Used to be a very fun company, low pressure company. When faced with making things difficult or simple, the answer was "We're a burger company!" so simple was better.

Cons

Clung to closely to demands of individuals, both in operations and corporate. Some departments recognized limited resources and planned/filtered accordingly. Other departments thought "it's not my budget that is impacted if I demand the moon".

Tame the Divas. In the departments that spend the most, look at which other departments are demanding the most from them and evaluate the demands they place on others (HR!)

89 Other Employee Reviews for Brinker (View Most Recent)

Seniority Rules

Current Employee - Server in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Server in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brinker

Pros

Room for advancement into Management

Cons

Servers need to pick up dinner shifts

Let newer employees work more, so you don't have to spend so much in training.

Used to be great, but not anymore

Former Employee - Corporate Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Brinker

Pros

Fun business to work in. Encourages a family atmosphere. Very casual environment. Easy to achieve balance between work and personal time. For the most part, fair, equitable, friendly environment.

Cons

Way too laid back about standard processes, procedures and guidelines. Technology sucks -- most things were standard in the 1980s. There is rampant favoritism and people who should have been fired years ago are still hanging on. The casual dining industry needs a complete overhaul and Brinker is definitely behind the times. They are trying some new things, but some of those experiments are totally wacky. Woe to the person who speaks up to the crazy talk. If you aren't part of the wacky in-crowd, you may be out.

Some of the dinosaurs need to step aside, already.

There are newer employer reviews for Brinker