There are newer employer reviews for Brinker

You work hard, but have fun.

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager
Current Employee - Restaurant Manager

I have been working at Brinker

Pros

The company seems to care about their employees, great training and job advancement but you have to work hard. It is great to interact with different people and every day is different.

Cons

Quality of life is not a priority. You have to work a lot of hours and are stressed most of the time.
Your scheduale is at the discretion of your general manager.
 A lot of times your area manager will not listen to your ideas/complaints but just tell your GM that you are complaining.
Things seem to change frequently. They change for the "better", but then change again a couple months later.

Give more reward and recognition to employees who work hard and are dedicated. Stick with one idea instead of changing things every few months. Don't change more than one major thing at a time. A menu change, computer system change and scheduling change all at the same time is not going to be successful.

87 Other Employee Reviews for Brinker (View Most Recent)

ok job

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Brinker

Pros

you get good 401 , you get decent pay , you get great meal discounts, they have good vacation policy, fun is encouraged

Cons

hard to mantain work to life balance when you have to work varied shift schedule, only two holidays, used to get an extra day off per quarter which allowed for 4- 3 day weekends a year.

to consider bringing back 3 day weekends, I felt like that offset the fact that holidays were not practicle in rest management

Managing Partner

Current Employee - Managing Partner
    Current Employee - Managing Partner

I have been working at Brinker

Pros

Brinker is a very "safe" place to work in the recent economic downfall of our nation. Brinker has great benefits for it's employees, and is constantly looking for the "edge" in the food industry.

Cons

Brinker is in a time of change, and as we all know, "change" is hard for any company - especally one as large as brinker. Very unstable in it's consistency, and continual changes that make operations difficult.

I would say to get back to the basics. Re-visit what made "Brinker" a powerhouse to begin with...stop making so many changes, and concentrate on make very SOLID, MEANINGFUL changes.

There are newer employer reviews for Brinker