It's Fajita's and Rita's

Current Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Brinker

Pros

The restaurant business is what you make of it. The great thing about being a manager is that you only need to be self motivated to achieve results on a daily basis. That being said, you need to know when and how to pat yourself on the back for a job well done, and motivate others to follow you. People think, 'How hard can it be?'. Trust me, you don't want to enter this environment with little or no knowledge about the industry.

Cons

Productivity is the key word… while commodity prices continue to go up, instead of passing the cost on to the consumer, Brinker has decided it would be better to do more with less. At some point being productive will break those that are working for you.

Advice to Management

Brinker's Board should decided how to deal with Doug as the ultimate leader of this business. We have been through everyone else, but there sits Doug on his throne. The untouchable king. I know that Norman hand picked the guy, but I believe there is more talented leaders in our industry, that could take Brinker forward quicker. Look how long it has taken Brinker to decide to dump the BRS and got to Aloha… and we can't even do that right...

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Transitional

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Brinker

Pros

large company with growth opportunities

Cons

Inconsistent leadership
    Inconsistent policies and procedures at store level

Advice to Management

Empower managers and team members be to engaged in the direction of the company

2. It has been satisfactory but not fulfilling to my expectations.

Current Employee - Server in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Server in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Brinker

Pros

Flexible hours, dynamic/energizing environment. Great working with the public. Ability to advance if you show that you want to.

Cons

High turnover rate, which leads to unpredictability in staff, clientele is difficult to work with and overall pay varies day to day

Advice to Management

We need a better solution for customer feedback