There are newer employer reviews for Brio Bravo Restaurant Group

Sad ending

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager
Former Employee - Assistant General Manager

I worked at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You can be proud of the food you serve. The atmosphere is also amazing. A qualtiy training program.

Cons

Its a large company they really don't care about you or really know how hard you work. During snow storms They "want to be the beacon" not concerned with the safety of the staff.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and constantly train them.

reviews filtered by

So-so company, bad management.

Current Employee - Line Cook
    Current Employee - Line Cook

I have been working at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group

Pros

The Bravo! that I work at is one of the cleanest restaurants I have worked at. A lot of attention is paid to doing things properly, i.e., proper portion control, sanitization, etc. The management is good at promoting cross-training of employees on different work stations, and in encouraging teamwork.

Cons

Many of the managers treat employees with little to no respect, and some are even bullying in their approach towards managing employees. Some employees are bullying towards their peers, using racial, ethnic, or homophobic slurs. One company policy involves taking money out of employee's paycheck to cover the cost of a mistake, i.e. dropping a few portions of linguini. Employees there are not paid much as it is. I have had better jobs than this one, and worse jobs, but I would not recommend a job in the kitchen.

Advice to Management

Do not belittle or publicly dress down employees, or allow other employees to publicly dress down their peers. When an employee says "Hi, how are you today," it is rude to respond by barking, "Go see how much campellini you have."

2. Treated me like family.

Current Employee - Server in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Server in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group

Pros

Lively atmosphere, you make great friends, on busy nights you make a lot of money, flexible scheduling, upbeat work environment.

Cons

Slow days are rough, and it can be discouraging if you don't make good tips. Side work is a pain, but it's not too bad compared to other restaurants.

Advice to Management

Management does a great job. I advise them not to play favorites, and give all servers equal opportunities with server sections.

There are newer employer reviews for Brio Bravo Restaurant Group