Brio Bravo Restaurant Group

There are newer employer reviews for Brio Bravo Restaurant Group

Sad ending

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager
Former Employee - Assistant General Manager

I worked at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You can be proud of the food you serve. The atmosphere is also amazing. A qualtiy training program.

Cons

Its a large company they really don't care about you or really know how hard you work. During snow storms They "want to be the beacon" not concerned with the safety of the staff.

Listen to your employees and constantly train them.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Brio Bravo Restaurant Group (View Most Recent)

So-so company, bad management.

Current Employee - Line Cook
    Current Employee - Line Cook

I have been working at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group

Pros

The Bravo! that I work at is one of the cleanest restaurants I have worked at. A lot of attention is paid to doing things properly, i.e., proper portion control, sanitization, etc. The management is good at promoting cross-training of employees on different work stations, and in encouraging teamwork.

Cons

Many of the managers treat employees with little to no respect, and some are even bullying in their approach towards managing employees. Some employees are bullying towards their peers, using racial, ethnic, or homophobic slurs. One company policy involves taking money out of employee's paycheck to cover the cost of a mistake, i.e. dropping a few portions of linguini. Employees there are not paid much as it is. I have had better jobs than this one, and worse jobs, but I would not recommend a job in the kitchen.

Do not belittle or publicly dress down employees, or allow other employees to publicly dress down their peers. When an employee says "Hi, how are you today," it is rude to respond by barking, "Go see how much campellini you have."

Bravo!!

Former Employee - Server in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Server in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training is very good and thorough excellent and flexible work hours. Management was excellent

Cons

Server side work- had to go back into the dish pit and wash dishes when manager decided to fire dish washer on spot.
    required to wear buns a few girls went and cut their hair

n/a