Bristol City Council

www.bristol.gov.uk
There are newer employer reviews for Bristol City Council

The job environment is so comfortable: you never need to work overtime.

Former Employee - Assistant Curator in Bristol, England (UK)
Former Employee - Assistant Curator in Bristol, England (UK)

I worked at Bristol City Council

Pros

It's a fine museum housing great collections. If you are a art lover, you will be very happy to work there. Think about it, beautiful museum to work at and fun people to work with, It's the best thing ever!

Cons

The environment may be too comfortable for young people. I mean for those young people who always want to make more money and achieve some accomplishment, work at a museum will not be suitable.

Curators there are really cool people!

10 Other Employee Reviews for Bristol City Council (View Most Recent)

Okay - good pension!

Current Employee - Accountant in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Accountant in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Bristol City Council full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexi working, decant conditions and holidays. Good pension plan. Office culture is mixed but some good people to work with everyday.

Cons

Location is up in the air and currently being discussed for the longer term. It is easy to stagnate as opportunities are far and few between

good employer shame about the stress levels

Current Employee - Professional and Technical Officer in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Professional and Technical Officer in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Bristol City Council full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

co-workers are brill, everyone is always helpful. as an employee who has recently had to make the transition from able bodied to disabled my employer (team leader, manager and OH) have been really good and helpful to me throughout the process. the sick leave, annual leave/flexi time policies have been a blessing for me especially recently as i cannot work as well as i used to.

Cons

due to having to save money overall as a council i believe a lot of services have suffered and also not being able to recruit extra staff when needed has created a lot of unnecessary stress and demoralization throughout the existing workforce.

to my current and immediate management i have no issues. I hope senior management can be more interactive with their directorates and update staff regularly on ongoing issues and processes.

There are newer employer reviews for Bristol City Council