Bristol Farms

www.bristolfarms.com

Not a bad job for going to school, bad as a career choice.

Former Employee - Front End Shift Supervisor  in  Long Beach, CA
Former Employee - Front End Shift Supervisor in Long Beach, CA

Pros

Great opportunity to advance your skills in a customer service career.
Great regular clientele if your up for a challenge in working with persnickety yet decent people.
For the most part, great coworkers that are fun to be around and work with.

Cons

Low raises unless you get promoted to a higher position.
Really high maintenance clientele. Some of them are nice. Most are not.
Most workers are not full time to avoid paying benefits.

Other reviews for Bristol Farms

To much behind the scenes politics

Pros

higher clientelle nice uniforms knowledgable staff lower manager better than head manager fresh food but overpriced some mean customers too long on feet

Cons

too long on feet- need more time to relax needs more employees should be able to stop and rest while cameras are watching

clue in to who would be a good manager-treat everyone nice unless they steal or are mean to customers. Give $20 (not spendable at store) for a job well done.

Working in the catering department for 5 years I was respected by my co-workers and upper management.

Former Employee - Catering Manager  in  Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Catering Manager in Newport Beach, CA

Pros

After switching companies from Safeway, I started from the bottom in the deli in 2007 at Bristol Farms in Mission Viejo, determined to go forward. Catering Manager was on my mind and, 6 months later, accomplished that goal. Closure of that store sent me to Newport Beach where I became a co-catering manager. Large store-humongous catering orders!

Bristol Farms is one of the most happiest places I have worked during my adult life. They are always willing to teach you, to make you the best that you can be for the company. I was happy driving to work just because of the ethics of the others who I worked with.

Cons

Company values are so political. Working your way up - they cab take it away with a pay cut and demote you to part time on paper. I continued to work 40-60 hours/week. Politics and money!

Don't disrespect the good people who work hard for you to support their families. Think about that when you're having your special events in your big fancy houses.

There are newer employer reviews for Bristol Farms.

Worked for Bristol Farms? Contribute to the Community!