Great company to work for!

I worked at Bristol-Myers Squibb

Pros

Company has a great outlook. They care about their employees.

Cons

Nothing that has bothered me too much.

Other Reviews for Bristol-Myers Squibb

Great place to work

I have been working at Bristol-Myers Squibb

Pros

Work-life balance, great culture and benefits, many opportunities to venture into different functional areas and great for collaborative research

Cons

Salary may be somewhat limiting for new jersey area

The freedom to be you, within limits.

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I worked at Bristol-Myers Squibb full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- really nice working conditions: relaxed and open communication, good relations among employees, good relations between boss and subordinates, employees could have their say.
    - respect for individual needs: understanding employees uniqe needs, good work-life balance, good environment for working mothers (though sadly, no breastfeeding room), respect individualism, respect the way people work
    - structured and strong rules and regulations: rigid SOPs, strong compliance
    - strong sense of directions
    - senior management sharing enough information down below, so that people felt included/engaged
    - the feeling and pride of 'I was part of something bigger', as BMS was (is) a globally known company with good reputation
    - up to date information system
    - fair compensation (though could be better)

Cons

- rigid SOPs are cascaded from HQ. sometimes they were not quite inline with local customs, and a headache to implement. and it was hard to make higher management understand that, so we must make extra effort to make sure we are in compliance.
    - the feeling that top management in the HQ did not quite understand the smaller and faraway markets and did not give enough effort to try understand.

Selling Indonesia market along with its production facility and 'abandoning' its entire operations was perhaps not a very good move seen today. Asia, as we now can see, is where the money is. The potential buyers are all here. Economic growth is good here. And behold, lies in the midsts of Asian giants is Indonesia.

There are newer employer reviews for Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Worked for Bristol-Myers Squibb? Contribute to the Community!