Good company

I have been working at Bristol-Myers Squibb

Pros

Good atmosphere, friendly coworkers, good experience

Cons

Company isn't having its best year

Other Reviews for Bristol-Myers Squibb

Very enjoyable

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mount Vernon, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IN

I have been working at Bristol-Myers Squibb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are excellent, great work/life balance, understanding leadership, continuous improvement in all areas.

Cons

The pharmaceutical industry in general is demanding. I've had to come in on multiple weekends and holidays, but with the economy being the way it is, I'm more than willing to work a little more in order to hold a stable job. The cafeteria in Mt. Vernon is outsourced to Sodexo, which charges an arm and a leg for a sub-par meal. Thankfully, there are some good food choices down the road, or just bring your lunch. No big deal.

Try to keep employees a little more informed. There is a lot of information that does not get relayed to employees in the manufacturing areas.

One of the worst places I have ever worked ...in 23+ years across multiple industries

Current Employee - Director (Non-Medical)  in  Plainsboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Director (Non-Medical) in Plainsboro, NJ

I have been working at Bristol-Myers Squibb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At some point the company delivers value/hope to patients. You get to put another known name on your resume.

Cons

Systems and thinking are from the 1950's; incestuous, passive aggressive and old boy's network culture; extremely risk adverse which makes it impossible to actually get anything done. Everything needs a committee with multiple reviews and rehashing of the same topics...I've watched paint dry faster than it takes to make one simple decision at BMS. If you haven't been there for 20 years, it's very difficult to break in and forget about getting promoted. Women and minorities are not valued.

Advice for the BOD and shareholders....level the place and start over.

There are newer employer reviews for Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Worked for Bristol-Myers Squibb? Contribute to the Community!