Bristol-Myers Squibb

Great Place for Career

Current Employee - Senior Research Investigator in Princeton, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Research Investigator in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Bristol-Myers Squibb

Pros

Fast paced work environment.
Many projects in many different therapeutic areas
Excellent drug development experience
Management is getting up to speed with state of art
Good career & salary growth

Cons

Too many projects for resources
Benefits may not be comparable with other compaines

Visiion of Biopharma is Good and Moving Company in Right Direction (Keep Up Good Work!)

486 Other Employee Reviews for Bristol-Myers Squibb (View Most Recent)

Strategy? What strategy?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

I have been working at Bristol-Myers Squibb

Pros

Top 15 pharma company, good work/life balance, ability to gain experience in different areas of the company, decent money (if you have a job)

Cons

$10 billion in cash laying around and they are still obnoxiously cheap with their employees...also not investing their money wisely.

If you want to be innovative, really make changes. Practice what you preach....hope the company is ready for 2011-12, should be interesting.

BMS co-op experience has been excellent. I was able to learn a lot through actual projects and my relationships.

Former Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Plainsboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Plainsboro, NJ

I worked at Bristol-Myers Squibb

Pros

I worked at BMS as an intern, where I was able to receive excellent support and guidance by the full-time business analysts. I also had full exposure to the business procedures, business negotiations, and behind-the-scenes analysis As an intern, I was free to initiate meetings with people on other departments to conduct information interviews; I found this especially helpful in learning about other people's career paths and professional lessons.

Cons

One thing I didn't really like about corporations is the cubicles, where I was very self-conscious whenever I was on a phone call - I felt like everyone could hear what I was saying (even if people weren't paying attention).

Leadership at BMS often conducts company-wide meetings to update employees on upcoming events or current status of the company. I really appreciated this as an intern because it allowed the bigger picture of company vision to set the context of my daily work.

There are newer employer reviews for Bristol-Myers Squibb