There are newer employer reviews for British American Tobacco

Thoroughly enjoyed my time there

Former Employee - Business Continuity Planning Manager in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Business Continuity Planning Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at British American Tobacco

Pros

When I worked there BAT had a Community dedicated to professionalism. There was always opportunity to develop and use your skills and much mutual respect between ALL members of the company.

Cons

Could easily get lost in the business and lose work home balance. The work for me was always varied and interesting which from time to time demanded more of my attention than it should have

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on what differentiates British American Tobacco from other corporates, including how you value and reward your staff.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It is a wonderful organization to groom yourself!

I have been working at British American Tobacco

Pros

Environment is very cordial and encouraging for employees to put in their best to deliver the results. You Rock tier 3 reward is a good to tool for appreciation of the work done by employees.

Cons

The organization is too much process oriented, which is a big time hurdle for speed to market and to respond competition well on time. This is causing the business loss may be the implications would be shown in the longer run.

Advice to Management

Being a marketing driven company, Marketing department is not being given the due importance whereas the other support departments influence the decisions of marketing team in a great deal.

2. A company with great training and development opportunities to those people who show potential

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at British American Tobacco

Pros

Diverse culture
    Global mobility
    A responsible company in a very controversial industry
    Succession planning became priority and every senior manager's performance indicator

Cons

There is still an older generation mentality that is still resisting change.
    The sustainability of the industry itself leaves a big question mark due to stakeholder pressure

Advice to Management

It would be great not to tolerate non performance same level as rewarding great performance.