British American Tobacco

www.bat.com
  www.bat.com
There are newer employer reviews for British American Tobacco

Thoroughly enjoyed my time there

Former Employee - Business Continuity Planning Manager in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Business Continuity Planning Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at British American Tobacco

Pros

When I worked there BAT had a Community dedicated to professionalism. There was always opportunity to develop and use your skills and much mutual respect between ALL members of the company.

Cons

Could easily get lost in the business and lose work home balance. The work for me was always varied and interesting which from time to time demanded more of my attention than it should have

Continue to focus on what differentiates British American Tobacco from other corporates, including how you value and reward your staff.

233 Other Employee Reviews for British American Tobacco (View Most Recent)

It is a wonderful organization to groom yourself!

I have been working at British American Tobacco

Pros

Environment is very cordial and encouraging for employees to put in their best to deliver the results. You Rock tier 3 reward is a good to tool for appreciation of the work done by employees.

Cons

The organization is too much process oriented, which is a big time hurdle for speed to market and to respond competition well on time. This is causing the business loss may be the implications would be shown in the longer run.

Being a marketing driven company, Marketing department is not being given the due importance whereas the other support departments influence the decisions of marketing team in a great deal.

Wonderful as a stepping stone...

I have been working at British American Tobacco

Pros

BAT being a global company provides opportunities for travel and working in different countries, IF you make the right connections.

Cons

Honesty is not appreciated, even if it benefits the company. Sometimes management prefer to be fed with a rosy picture instead of the truth.

Middle management are a hindrance and HR policies are atrocious!

There are newer employer reviews for British American Tobacco