British Red Cross

www.redcross.org.uk

Proud to have worked at the Red Cross

Team Administrator (Fundraising) (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsBackground - I worked at the BRC Head Office in London for a year, initially as an expenses-only intern and then on a fixed term contract in an administrative role within a fundraising team.

- Great work life balance
- Great training opportunities
- If you're interested in the charity sector, lots of opportunities to learn about/move into other departments
- Generally speaking, the people working at the Red Cross are really nice
- Pay distribution is quite flat and pay levels are competitive to others in the charity sector. The CEO's salary was only 7-8 times mine (an entry level employee).

Cons- SOMEONE PLEASE DESIGN A SIMPLER EXPENSES SYSTEM FOR VOLUNTEERS/INTERNS, HOW HARD CAN IT BE?!
- In general, people working at SSC (at least the ones who attend to calls) need to learn the basics of customer service.
- Someone needs to come up with a green policy for paper, printing and electricity. People print waaaay more than they should, waste waaay too much paper and most people leave their computers powered on overnight(!).

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease see cons above.

Engaging, passionate and forward thinking.

L&D Adviser (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

I have been working at British Red Cross full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Values and principles lead activity. Strong sense of community. Output orientated. Cons: Resistance to change at times. Decision making can be slow Advice to Senior Management: Do not fear greater transparency and openness. Identify yourself with the work you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Proud to go to work everyday

I have been working at British Red Cross full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Pride, passion, dynamic, innovative and challenging. Cons: Hierarchical structure and a lot of stakeholders can make decision… Advice to Senior Management: Flatten the structure. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on British Red Cross.

Worked for British Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!