Software Developer

Former Employee - Software Developer in Rosslyn, VA
Former Employee - Software Developer in Rosslyn, VA

I worked at Brivo Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brivo was a great experience. A premium was put on creative thinking and creating new technologies. Intelctual property was a big priority as well. We were encouraged to keep engineering notebooks for intelectual property applications.

Cons

At times, there was so much emphasis on finding and using new technologies, that we would end up "early adopting" promising software packages that ended up being poorly supported with a very small user base.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Best in class product and service from the best people you will ever work with

Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Denver, CO

I worked at Brivo Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brivo offers a truly unique solution for the electronic security industry. They are the first to offer a truly web-hosted solution for physical access control. They do not live under the control of "it has always been done this way" and give their employees the ability to innovate and create. The real value of Brivo lies not with it's unique product and service however. Most companies claim their employees are their greatest asset, but Brivo has assembled one of the best teams in the security industry. Their leadership staff are the types of visionaries that attract the best of the best. Their technical staff are some of the most creative and intelligent people I have ever worked with. Their sales and administrative staff are energetic, intelligent and focused on providing the highest level of customer service. Working here was a highlight in my career.

Cons

With an east coast HQ, travel and schedule management were difficult. While there is still plenty of talent in the DC metro area, I believe as great as they are, they would be better if they had a location that was more appealing to the types of technical staff they will need to continue their rapid growth. I believe some of the technical development recruitments are hampered because of their location.

Advice to Management

Keep upgrading talent at every position. Don't get distracted from what you do that is still unique in the marketplace. Open an office in the Denver Technology Center.

2. A strong company building the future

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Brivo Systems full-time

Pros

Excellent management, vision and industry leadership. Interesting and talented team, building products and technology for the future. Good culture and working environment.

Cons

Demands commitment to the team and to high performance, at times can still have a start-up feeling. Perhaps this is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue building on the core strengths - people and technology that have matured over 12 years iteration and improvement!