Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard

www.broad.mit.edu
  www.broad.mit.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard

Great work, no career opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard

Pros

The work is very interesting and rewarding. The benefits and flexibility are wonderful.

Cons

There are no opportunities for advancement and compensation is poor.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard (View Most Recent)

This is a great place to work

Current Employee - Research Associate I in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Research Associate I in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard

Pros

You are doing great science and get the chance to work at one of the premiere research institutions in the world. There is no place like it.

Cons

Pay isn't great, as is the case in academics. Research can be frustrating and unless you have the patience and fortitude to go through with it, this isn't the place for you.

I think Broad is fantastic and has fantastic and understanding management. I think that maybe a gym membership could be included in benefits, so that it encourages scientists to keep fit.

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Computational Biologist in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Computational Biologist in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard

Pros

Working with top-level researchers, open collaborative environment, very exciting projects, many large-scale projects that not many academic/research entities can afford, high-profile publications, job stability, good benefits, 'just get the job done' attitude - working flexible hours or working from home is usually fine (there is a reasonable limit to everything though!). Academia-like environment without academic rivalry and backstabbing. Very competent and very approachable management.

Cons

Unclear career path for staff researchers, the organizational structure is quite flat. With many groups/labs/operational entities involved into large-scale projects, lack of proper communication can be felt sometimes that leaves projects falling through.

Better oversee communications between groups/platforms within and between projects

There are newer employer reviews for Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard