BroadSoft
www.broadsoft.com Gaithersburg, MD 500 to 999 Employees

Good company, but vastly disorganized and mismanaged in some areas.

Experienced Broadsoft Employee (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent Benefits, Good work/life balance, great HR staff! Most of the people at Broadsoft are nice and helpful. Mid-level managers are competent and professional.

ConsThe company is very disorganized. It is segmented in such a way that there is no consistency in processes. Senior Management is definitely a "friends of Tessler" club. It is clear that some of the senior management has little background in the area they oversee. This lack of background ends up with the leadership not understanding the field they oversee and making snap judgements without knowing how the department they lead actually functions. They need to assess the whole situation instead of looking at basic numbers in a spreadsheet. If you show any disagreement with management, you might as well start looking for another job as you will be deemed a "problem".

Employee performance reviews are a joke. If you get an outstanding review, you still get the same compensation bump as someone who got a less than outstanding review. What do we work so hard for if the lacky in the next cube gets the same pay increase? I might as well coast as it looks like the reviews aren't taken into account during salary review.

Communication between departments is also less than great. Often I find myself probing for information that should have been shared. Some divisions of Broadsoft are treated like red-headed stepchildren while others get whatever they need.

Leadership could stand to help improve morale, but how, I do not know. I think so many people are afraid to say anything for fear of pissing off the Senior management club that they don't say anything. This is not the way to run an organization.

I really hope they read these reviews and take them to heart. Broadsoft has the bones of a GREAT company and 90% of the employees are hard working, dedicated and professional individuals. It is the 10% that make it hard to stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to middle management and lower level employees and take their feedback to heart. Re-assess senior management and spread the expertise they have to departments they have the abilities to effectively manage.

Promote from within. Develop a consistent set of processes across the enterprise. Don't make snap judgements about an issue before getting the whole story. Everyone is afraid of Senior Managements' "temper". That makes for an unhealthy environment to work in.

Good people to work with

Sales (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at BroadSoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: BroadSoft has an excellent product and the sales/sales support team are some of the best I've ever worked with. CTO really knows how to… Cons: CEO is an egotistical, unethical jackass and the compensation plan… Advice to Senior Management: I've said enough already Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

stay away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at BroadSoft full-time

Pros: nothing work taliking about the place Cons: management says its not their buisness to assign projects. lots of yelling if I cant a… Advice to Senior Management: hire better middle management No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on BroadSoft.

Worked for BroadSoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BroadSoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BroadSoft CEO Michael Tessler. All reviews posted anonymously by BroadSoft employees.