BroadSoft

www.broadsoft.com
  www.broadsoft.com
There are newer employer reviews for BroadSoft

My experience has been great

I worked at BroadSoft

Pros

1. Technology driven
2. Solid vision
3. Innovative and Creative people
4. Outstanding C-level executive
5. Good forward thinking and collaborative work culture

Cons

Compensation is not at all competitive

19 Other Employee Reviews for BroadSoft (View Most Recent)

Good company, but vastly disorganized and mismanaged in some areas.

Current Employee - Experienced Broadsoft Employee
    Current Employee - Experienced Broadsoft Employee

I have been working at BroadSoft

Pros

Excellent Benefits, Good work/life balance, great HR staff! Most of the people at Broadsoft are nice and helpful. Mid-level managers are competent and professional.

Cons

The company is very disorganized. It is segmented in such a way that there is no consistency in processes. Senior Management is definitely a "friends of Tessler" club. It is clear that some of the senior management has little background in the area they oversee. This lack of background ends up with the leadership not understanding the field they oversee and making snap judgements without knowing how the department they lead actually functions. They need to assess the whole situation instead of looking at basic numbers in a spreadsheet. If you show any disagreement with management, you might as well start looking for another job as you will be deemed a "problem".

Employee performance reviews are a joke. If you get an outstanding review, you still get the same compensation bump as someone who got a less than outstanding review. What do we work so hard for if the lacky in the next cube gets the same pay increase? I might as well coast as it looks like the reviews aren't taken into account during salary review.

Communication between departments is also less than great. Often I find myself probing for information that should have been shared. Some divisions of Broadsoft are treated like red-headed stepchildren while others get whatever they need.

Leadership could stand to help improve morale, but how, I do not know. I think so many people are afraid to say anything for fear of pissing off the Senior management club that they don't say anything. This is not the way to run an organization.

I really hope they read these reviews and take them to heart. Broadsoft has the bones of a GREAT company and 90% of the employees are hard working, dedicated and professional individuals. It is the 10% that make it hard to stay.

Listen to middle management and lower level employees and take their feedback to heart. Re-assess senior management and spread the expertise they have to departments they have the abilities to effectively manage.

Promote from within. Develop a consistent set of processes across the enterprise. Don't make snap judgements about an issue before getting the whole story. Everyone is afraid of Senior Managements' "temper". That makes for an unhealthy environment to work in.

Une firme innovante mais internationale de logiciels basée aux États-Unis Fast moving US-based yet global telecom SW firm

Former Employee - Responsable développement in Paris (France)
    Former Employee - Responsable développement in Paris (France)

I worked at BroadSoft full-time (less than an year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

C'est une entreprise innovante de logiciel avec un environnement d'entreprise qui change rapidement, une direction pragmatique avec une rapide prise de décision; bien qu'elle soit petite (environ 350 employés) l'entreprise a une direction économique inter

It's an innovative SW-based firm with a fast-changing corporate environment, A pragmatic management style with quick decision-making; Despite it's small size (approx. 350 employees) the company has an international business focus.

Cons

Leurs offres client sont intéressantes, mais leurs modèles de vente de logiciels semblent un peu limités; à moins que vous soyez au quartier général vous n'êtes pas pleinement visibles et éloignés des prises de décisions.

Their client offers are interesting, but their SW-licence sales model seemed a bit limited; Unless you work in the HQ you are not fully visible and removed to some degree from the decision making

There are newer employer reviews for BroadSoft