Broadcasting Board of Governors

Hostile Workplace

Current Employee - Technician in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Technician in Washington, DC

I have been working at Broadcasting Board of Governors

Pros

Good pay and federal benefit package compared to commercial media outlets.

Cons

Ignorant, self-serving, absentee managers. They don't understand what they are managing because they've never done the work. They don't know their employees, what they do nor do they advocate on their behalf. They are more concerned with catching people off guard than leading them.

Get the middle managers out of their offices; learn who your employees, what they do and listen to their suggestions for improvements. Fire the managers who don't care.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Broadcasting Board of Governors (View Most Recent)

Horrible and Hostile Work Environment

I have been working at Broadcasting Board of Governors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like that we could get office supplies when we needed them out of the cabinet.

Cons

Management is horrible here. They do not care about their employees. Very hostile work environment, especially in the CFO's office. They look for reasons to fire people and have a "gotcha" type of attitude. Its horrible. I had such good experiences in the private sector and made the horrible mistake of taking a job with the Federal Government. It was a huge culture shock. Everyone is out to get each other and management allows this behavior. I saw 10 people fired or transferred out for no good reasons. They claim that there was performance issues, etc. The Deputy CFO is horrible. He is extremely unprofessional. Such an embarrassment to work with these types. I now understand why everyone makes fun of Federal employees. I don't even want to put this organization on my resume. Some Senators refer to this agency as the "Bottom of the Barrel in Government". If you get a job here, just make sure you take one that is union represented. Forget about ever getting any performance standards or having an HONEST discussion with your manager about performance.

The issues does not like with management but with the way that our government promotes and selects managers. They do not factor in soft skills. These skills are vital, as well as the technical and hands on job experience.

Such a great place to develop skills and abilities

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Moscow (Russia)
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Moscow (Russia)

I have been working at Broadcasting Board of Governors

Pros

Just a nice place to work

Cons

No smoking policy declines my productivity from time to time

Be strong, you can do it!

There are newer employer reviews for Broadcasting Board of Governors