There are newer employer reviews for Broadcom

A lot of "dead weight."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Broadcom

Pros

Looks good on resume.
Perks: free beverages, on-site cafeteria, gyms, basketball court, volleyball courts

Cons

This isn't one of the hardest-working companies I've ever come across. I believe that the same amount of work could be done with a lot less employees. One out of three employees is "dead weight" to me... and that is being generous!

Interns are dispensable; Broadcom lets a lot of interns go once they are finished with school.

I know you want to be nice and employ as many people as possible, but by doing that you are costing the company a lot of money. I would not be happy about that if I were a stockholder of Brcm.

Downsize.

891 Other Employee Reviews for Broadcom (View Most Recent)

Diminishing Returns

Former Employee - Finance  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Finance in Irvine, CA

I worked at Broadcom

Pros

Broadcom historically was a place where you were rewarded for hard work. There was a lot of opportunities to learn and grow. Equity made up a large portion of compensation.

Cons

Unfortunately, a lot has changed in the past 5 years. All the people that made Broadcom great has been forced out. As the organization got bigger, politics became more prevalent and new hires were mostly talkers instead of doers. Internal promotions to middle positions have become more rare. RSU and bonuses are sharply diminished for most employees but senior executives are richly (unjustified) rewarded... check out latest proxy statement vs. financial/stock performance.

Welcome to Veridian Dynamics

Current Employee - Irvine Corporate Services  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Irvine Corporate Services in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Broadcom

Pros

Great peers

Decent Salary

Your time at Broadcom will look great on a resume.

Cons

Quite simply, Broadcom isn't concerned with Corporate Services, Facilities, or Global Real Estate employees. They care about the opinions of other departments, who possess a much greater percentage of the overall corporate headcount. But the smaller percentage of employees and contractors working in Corporate Services are simply seen as replaceable and their viewpoints are frequently met with denial.

Contractors are treated as "below" employees. They are continually given the impression that if they just hang in there, they might get hired on as an employee. As a company, HR doesn’t do exit interviews for contractors, so HR has no clue why they leave. Therefore, a savvy Manager or Director will fill his department with contractor staff and HR doesn’t mind because they are afraid to address Manager and Director deficiencies.

There is far too much Corporate Politics that exists. For a fortune 500 Company, employees should be able to voice their discontent about an issue and find a solution within HR without fear of being "blackballed". Protections exist as published policy, but are not practiced.

Those same great peers you work with are all desperately searching for any opportunity that comes even close to their current salary, then bailing ship.

You are paid just slightly above an "industry average" for your qualifications, which makes it difficult to locate another company to work for.

If my husband wasn’t out of work, I would immediately quit without even thinking about it.

HR needs to objectively and sincerely investigate why over the last six months so many employees (and contractors) have left Corporate Services, in addition to the Facilities, and Global Real Estate departments. It's not because they are paid is too low.

There are newer employer reviews for Broadcom

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!