A lot of "dead weight."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Broadcom

Pros

Looks good on resume.
Perks: free beverages, on-site cafeteria, gyms, basketball court, volleyball courts

Cons

This isn't one of the hardest-working companies I've ever come across. I believe that the same amount of work could be done with a lot less employees. One out of three employees is "dead weight" to me... and that is being generous!

Interns are dispensable; Broadcom lets a lot of interns go once they are finished with school.

I know you want to be nice and employ as many people as possible, but by doing that you are costing the company a lot of money. I would not be happy about that if I were a stockholder of Brcm.

Downsize.

Other Reviews for Broadcom

If you enjoy being around smart and talented people, this is the place

Current Employee - Designer  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Designer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Broadcom

Pros

Great benefits and a good standing in the community.

Cons

Not enough comp time after difficult projects.

Please encourage more personal time away from office.

Welcome to Veridian Dynamics

Current Employee - Irvine Corporate Services  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Irvine Corporate Services in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Broadcom

Pros

Great peers

Decent Salary

Your time at Broadcom will look great on a resume.

Cons

Quite simply, Broadcom isn't concerned with Corporate Services, Facilities, or Global Real Estate employees. They care about the opinions of other departments, who possess a much greater percentage of the overall corporate headcount. But the smaller percentage of employees and contractors working in Corporate Services are simply seen as replaceable and their viewpoints are frequently met with denial.

Contractors are treated as "below" employees. They are continually given the impression that if they just hang in there, they might get hired on as an employee. As a company, HR doesn’t do exit interviews for contractors, so HR has no clue why they leave. Therefore, a savvy Manager or Director will fill his department with contractor staff and HR doesn’t mind because they are afraid to address Manager and Director deficiencies.

There is far too much Corporate Politics that exists. For a fortune 500 Company, employees should be able to voice their discontent about an issue and find a solution within HR without fear of being "blackballed". Protections exist as published policy, but are not practiced.

Those same great peers you work with are all desperately searching for any opportunity that comes even close to their current salary, then bailing ship.

You are paid just slightly above an "industry average" for your qualifications, which makes it difficult to locate another company to work for.

If my husband wasn’t out of work, I would immediately quit without even thinking about it.

HR needs to objectively and sincerely investigate why over the last six months so many employees (and contractors) have left Corporate Services, in addition to the Facilities, and Global Real Estate departments. It's not because they are paid is too low.

There are newer employer reviews for Broadcom.

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!