There are newer employer reviews for Broadcom

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Principal Scientist in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Principal Scientist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Broadcom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice work environment appreciate good engineering

Cons

compensation can be on the low side the company competes in brutal markets which makes the job a bit stressful

Other Employee Reviews for Broadcom

security and office services needs real leadership

Current Employee - If I Told You, I Would BE Fired in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - If I Told You, I Would BE Fired in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Broadcom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

pay there are some good benefits, but they do not make up for not getting a lunch and being forced to work 10-12 hr days

Cons

security and office services leadership has no clue how to define the word leader . they believe leading people means micro managing and bullying them via their crony leutenant. speak up for yourself and your group will be "reorganised" and your position will no longer be needed.

Advice to Management

security leadership is arrogant and will never change their stripes. they may go to corrective classes and coaching, but its only a show to appease their critics. the only hope for this department is gutting their department director and manager, and replacing them with completely new, educated, and experienced individuals who have a proven history of successful proactive leadership within the security industry. Broadcom has been able to do this within other supporting departments that were legacy holdovers from its days as a start up company, and as Broadcom is close to announcing it's first 2B qtr Security needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. management refuses to use new software and technology and still thinks hard copies of word docs and contract security Officers being paid $13/hr are how you should manage confidential information and how you should secure a most critical semiconductor project. For a company that defines cutting edge technology, it's security leadership remains in the 80s.

2. Became the victim of an acquisition

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Broadcom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a good benefits package.

Cons

It seems to take 20 people to get one thing done.