Broadcom

www.broadcom.com

aggressive engineering company

Senior Staff Verification Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsI feel like there are a lot of talented people who are also very focused and hard working. Engineers here are expected to keep high standards and there is a sense that promotion will follow if you do well. Managers are generally fair.

ConsSchedules are tight and management can push employees hard. You can be expected to work in the evenings as well.

A lot of senior people in this company - there needs to be a wider range of experience as there is much to be gained from getting young and motivated engineers.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to let people move freely between divisions or else people will and already do leave the company. Managers cannot just be focused on short-term work but should advise on the long-term career out look as well.

Good culture

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Broadcom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Interesting projects - Good benefits / perks - Opportunity to work… Cons: - Pay is average to subpar - Not a lot of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

still can improve

Staff Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Broadcom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: buffet vacation policy, travel on business class when going international Cons: some managers are incompetent, they need to either be put… Advice to Senior Management: not everyone is working hard and some people's skill can… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Broadcom.

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!