Broadcom

There are newer employer reviews for Broadcom

keep growing company

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Matawan, NJ
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Matawan, NJ

I have been working at Broadcom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

keep growing and hiring more engineers. strong on mobile industry especially WiFi, BT, GPS combo as well as cable modem and network solution. Mobile baseband business has grown so quickly for several years too.

Cons

Working environment is really customer oriented , which means it's really hard sometimes but it can be one of strong point of business.

are we keeping Pareto rule 80% vs 20%?
not a little number of engineers are less competitive but they are never got out. Many people knows the famous personnel in many departments.

956 Other Employee Reviews for Broadcom (View Most Recent)

An intimidating workplace for creativity and growth...

Former Employee - Technical Director in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Director in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Broadcom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They had fairly good compensation but dwindling steadily...nice Irvine campus

Cons

They are so paranoid and sinister they sent their company attorney to rather insidiously trap me (pretending he was PR) into admitting I may have used company resources to write my Switching A-Z Power book -- very deceptive and tricky HR and an overall culture that does the opposite of encouraging growth for anyone really.. They think they own you.

You need to cut back on your testosterone (and malice) when dealing with huge proven contributors, in particular --- just because they don't suck up to you and say you are God, doesn't mean they have "poor communication skills"...perhaps you do

Working like a start-up company, great benefit and excellent management execution

Current Employee - Senior Principal Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Broadcom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Runs like a small start-up company, great plan in ESPP and RSU, salary is above average in the industry

Cons

Position title is in inflation; more senior principal engineer than principal.

There are newer employer reviews for Broadcom