Broadcom
www.broadcom.com Irvine, CA 5000+ Employees

Interesting fast paced work, not always current technology

Senior Principal Scientist (Former Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

ProsBroadcom has a huge breadth of technology. They do everything from tiny bluetooth to massive networking chips. There's a lot of interesting stuff going on. The folks tend to be smart and competent. It's great to see products you've worked on in the store.

ConsI found personal advancement slow there. Because there's so much legacy product in a lot of the company, I also was working on not-quite-current technology. Since I've been laid off, it's a liability that I wasn't working on the latest methodology in my field.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder on moving methodology to the latest. It's a hard balance between legacy stuff that works and jumping into newer technologies, but once they're adopted industry-wide there's no excuse not to.

Layout intern

Layout Intern (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

I have been working at Broadcom as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Obtaining related layout design work experience. Workmate are friendly. Cons: Too many employees. Very few opportunities to continue as a… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to intern and new graduates. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Graduate Intern

Technical Intern (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

I worked at Broadcom as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great work enviornment and team. Good place to work. Cons: No medical coverage for interns. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Broadcom.

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Broadcom CEO Scott McGregor. All reviews posted anonymously by Broadcom employees.