There are newer employer reviews for Broadcom

Good

Current Employee - Package in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Package in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Broadcom as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Big Company, People are nice, comfort atmosphere is your preparation is good.

Cons

the process is already pretty good, I can not say something no good

929 Other Employee Reviews for Broadcom (View Most Recent)

Mobile platforms is out of shape

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Broadcom full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Within Broadcom, there are pockets of great people that it is a privilege to work with. Often, their managers don't get it however or they doing the wrong thing, but this doesn't stand in the way of enjoying working with them.

Cons

The infinite holiday policy that stops you taking off over 2 weeks without managers approval (and some managers are idiots and stop this from happening). Majority of the engineers are either not worthy of being employed or worse, doing mischief instead of real work. Its clear that rivalries between teams is very unhealthy and you end up with countries such as India being 'at war' with other engineering teams for interesting work, reqs or other medals that the company gives out to people with the best strategies.

You need to cut the fat ASAP, including managers and other non-performers. Also, the corporate HR system put in place is very badly orchestrated at times and the majority of the people working here know it.

bad managers who favors relatives

I have been working at Broadcom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- it is a stable job

Cons

-When I ask to recommend a friend of mine into the group manager tells me that we are on a hiring "Freeze" and weeks later we hire more people and they are all related to the managers.
    - Managers tell me that vacation is not a benefit but a privilege.
    - Vacation takes months to be approved, vacation emails gets ignored even when they have company phones to check emails regularly.
    - Procedures are made on the spot. When I try to take a 2 week vacation manager tells me I need to put in the request 6m-1y in advance, when I did just that manager tells me my request is too long from now and wont approve.
    - Favors on top of favors on family related employees.
    - its not about skills but more about who you know and who you are related to.

Fairness goes along way, quit favoring and bringing people you know and are related to into the group, it makes it others work harder because you favor your buddies

There are newer employer reviews for Broadcom