Broadcom

There are newer employer reviews for Broadcom

Can learn a lot

Current Employee - Intern in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Broadcom as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern, all other engineers in my team are so helpful to me, they are nice and patient to teach me. You will gain a lot of experience and knowledge in a few month, which will definitely useful whether or not you stay in the same company.

Cons

The file management is a little bit messed up, so you need to take some time to figure out what's going on.

959 Other Employee Reviews for Broadcom (View Most Recent)

Good

Current Employee - Package in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Package in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Broadcom as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Big Company, People are nice, comfort atmosphere is your preparation is good.

Cons

the process is already pretty good, I can not say something no good

Mobile platforms is out of shape

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Broadcom full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Within Broadcom, there are pockets of great people that it is a privilege to work with. Often, their managers don't get it however or they doing the wrong thing, but this doesn't stand in the way of enjoying working with them.

Cons

The infinite holiday policy that stops you taking off over 2 weeks without managers approval (and some managers are idiots and stop this from happening). Majority of the engineers are either not worthy of being employed or worse, doing mischief instead of real work. Its clear that rivalries between teams is very unhealthy and you end up with countries such as India being 'at war' with other engineering teams for interesting work, reqs or other medals that the company gives out to people with the best strategies.

You need to cut the fat ASAP, including managers and other non-performers. Also, the corporate HR system put in place is very badly orchestrated at times and the majority of the people working here know it.

There are newer employer reviews for Broadcom