There are newer employer reviews for Broadcom

Can learn a lot

Current Employee - Intern  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Broadcom as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an intern, all other engineers in my team are so helpful to me, they are nice and patient to teach me. You will gain a lot of experience and knowledge in a few month, which will definitely useful whether or not you stay in the same company.

Cons

The file management is a little bit messed up, so you need to take some time to figure out what's going on.

895 Other Employee Reviews for Broadcom (View Most Recent)

Good

Current Employee - Package  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Package in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Broadcom as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Big Company, People are nice, comfort atmosphere is your preparation is good.

Cons

the process is already pretty good, I can not say something no good

bad managers who favors relatives

I have been working at Broadcom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- it is a stable job

Cons

-When I ask to recommend a friend of mine into the group manager tells me that we are on a hiring "Freeze" and weeks later we hire more people and they are all related to the managers.
    - Managers tell me that vacation is not a benefit but a privilege.
    - Vacation takes months to be approved, vacation emails gets ignored even when they have company phones to check emails regularly.
    - Procedures are made on the spot. When I try to take a 2 week vacation manager tells me I need to put in the request 6m-1y in advance, when I did just that manager tells me my request is too long from now and wont approve.
    - Favors on top of favors on family related employees.
    - its not about skills but more about who you know and who you are related to.

Fairness goes along way, quit favoring and bringing people you know and are related to into the group, it makes it others work harder because you favor your buddies

There are newer employer reviews for Broadcom

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!