Broadcom
www.broadcom.com Irvine, CA 5000+ Employees

Great Technology Company but bad management, work culture

Senior Staff - Systems Design (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

Pros1. Works on cutting edge technologies
2. Informal work environment
3. Pays salary that is best in the market

Cons1. HR team is not employee friendly and so is the company
2. No transparency, No proper pass down of the information from the management
3. Seems to believe in Hire and Fire - recently fired a batch of New College Graduates (from reputed institutes) within 2-3 months of hiring them.
4. Very bad middle management that lacks a proper execution plan to take the product to the market on time
5. Distributed and localized company work culture. Each individual bigger team or groups (smaller companies that were acquired) have their own culture.

Advice to Senior Management1. HR Team needs to be more friendly and approachable
2. Please do not keep people in dark, have transparency and timely information pass down so that everyone is aware where the company is heading and what are the current challenges, opporunities and ...
3. Whats your culture?

Nice place to work

Staff Engineer I (Current Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Broadcom full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good work ethics, good pay, good environment, less admin headache,… Cons: not much creativity needed - much of the work is optimization and debugging, not much development but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Engineer Intern

Digital IC Engineer Intern (Former Employee)
    Hsinchu (Taiwan)

I worked at Broadcom part-time for less than a year

Pros: Professional colleagues and wonderful working environment. Cons: Sometimes it costed much time to communicate with coworking team… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Broadcom.

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Broadcom CEO Scott McGregor. All reviews posted anonymously by Broadcom employees.