Broadcom
www.broadcom.com Irvine, CA 5000+ Employees

Managed a region of Broadcom's facilities and Real Estate Services

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at Broadcom full-time for more than a year

ProsSr Management was not local and due to that we did not have to deal with internal politics.

ConsEveryone outside of Irvine felt as if we were unwanted step children. It continues to be more about spending or the lack of it, than creating an exciting workplace. The requirement is always to reduce spending or use the lowest cost option to delay what sometimes are critical maintenance items. Even environmental and health and safety issues required by the State of Ca and City are not observed and the facilities are rundown, over-crowded, and dirty.
Finance and Global Real Estate Sr. Management does not have a clue on how to operate here in Silicon Valley.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that know how to run a facilty and are not going through the motions. Rather than letting profesionals go that have the guts to do things outside of the "Broadcom Way" change as change is the only way you will survive.

There are newer reviews on Broadcom.

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Broadcom CEO Scott McGregor. All reviews posted anonymously by Broadcom employees.