Great Culture at Broadridge

Former Employee - Intern in New York Mls, NY
Former Employee - Intern in New York Mls, NY

I worked at Broadridge

Pros

Great culture, relaxed environment, smart people. The people that I worked with were smart and had other industry experience, but were very relaxed. Loved the culture

Cons

I felt that there was minimal upward movement. I wasn't there too long but felt that they didn't give the interns too much responsibility.

Advice to Management

I don't have much feedback. The lateral teamwork across all departments is great. It fosters a warm environment at Broadridge

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Like working in a factory.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, NY

I worked at Broadridge

Pros

Ability to work without someone looking over your shoulder. Managament treated employees with respect and were generally amiable and polite.

Cons

Pay was mediocre and benefits not so great. 401k was matched once a year and you had to be there to receive it so if you worked for 11 months and left the month before matching you received nothing. Vacation time left alot to be desired you had to be there 5 years to merit 3 weeks paid vacation. Management was not good on communication they had a tendency to be secretive. Co workers were young and immature most were 30 going on 13. Clique oriented and very quick to trash other employees behind their back, have not seen this sort of thing since 7th grade. The processes in my area were extremely manual for the 21st century as in making numerous copies of the same piece of paper for what I do not know. Online systems were antiquated.

Advice to Management

Streamline processes and invest in some current technology.

A strong company that demands niothing but the best from it's employees.

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Edgewood, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Edgewood, NY

I have been working at Broadridge

Pros

Lot's of hard-working people here. Many interesting projects to work on and demonstrate what you are capeable of doing. They really do care about how they are percieved by their employees. Exposure to the newest IT technologies is sometimes provided depending upon the group that you are assigned to. This shop will test how far you are willing to push yourself.

Cons

agressive deadlines. Not enough recognition for hard work. A high level of frustration is evident here because of the heavy workload and sometimes unrealistic deadlines for deliverables. Too many corners are cut because of this approach and many errors can be introduced into existing software systems. It has been told to me that they have always operated this way.

Advice to Management

recognize the ones who go far and above what is expected.