Broadridge

Worst Job I"ve ever had - aka Best Sweatshop to work for

Current Employee - IT Employee in Edgewood, NY
Current Employee - IT Employee in Edgewood, NY

I have been working at Broadridge

Pros

There are alot of really great people who are willing to share their knowledge.

Cons

Management does not care about the people. Employees are requried to take a 'Speed of Trust" and then their managers lie to them and treat them like dirt, and wonder why people aren't happy.
Duh. If you displease the SVP for some reason known only to him..your chances of advancement are nil. The things I see happen seem to be contrary to company growth, but its obvious upper management is condoning what is going on since nothing is being done. HR is useless. l. I hope that Rich Daly would faint if he know what is going on. And if he does know..shame on him.

Take a hard look at your management. Clean house

274 Other Employee Reviews for Broadridge (View Most Recent)

Run away. Do NOT work at this company

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Edgewood, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Edgewood, NY

I have been working at Broadridge

Pros

Benefits are average but better than nothing. 401k match but it is nothing special. Yearly bonus. Non management associates can be helpful if they are not too worried about where to charge their time.

Cons

No promotions no matter how hard you work. Politics rule. Old boys network alive and well. Nepotism reigns. Results are driven by fear tactics. No work life balance at all. If you try to have any family life you are looked down upon and reviewed negatively. Management does not trust the workers even though they tell us to trust everyone. No electronic processes for SDLC we still have to physically fill our paper forms. Those in charge of the Sytems organization do not have background in IT and do not understand basic computing concepts. Which leads to a one size fits all mentality for all products. No input is accepted from outside the old boys network. In the Systems area the company vacation policy is blatantly disregarded. People are told they are not allowed to carry vacation days from year to year and are strong armed into making sure they don't. Nothing is proactive. Everything is done reactionary. I have been told by a senior manager that they know we cannot get other jobs due to the current market and are going to work us "like dogs". Too much more to go into. All this from someone who makes a decent salary and gets good reviews. I just have worked in other companies, some larger, and have seen how it can be done.

Management at Broadrige doesn't care about the workers. At least not the Technical staff. It is time for the management team to clean house. Replace the current SVP of systems with someone who knows what technology is and how an IT organization should be run. And don't promote him either. Offer him a package. Since he is in the old boys network that won't happen. How about just hiring an outside company to evaluate the antiquated processes. And that would be NOT talking to anyone in management or the people who established the current processes. You know the same ones that have been around for over 20 years. It's all broke. Fix it!!!

Career Nightmare

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Broadridge

Pros

If you do a decent job you can have job security. I don't have a lot of nice things to say I am sorry.

Cons

High turnover, favoritism, Cronyism, politics. The kind of backstabbing and politics that go on even among senior management is unbelievable. Long working hours, you work 60 hours and are on call 24/7.

No advice