Brocade Communications
www.brocade.com San Jose, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Software Engineer IV

Software Engineer IV (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

ProsUsed to be a great place for self-starters and star players; Good opportunity for people who want to learn about L2 and L3 networks or SAN storage networks.

ConsTeams have lost the steam... Cream of talented people have left or in the process of leaving the company already. No learning opportunities. HR's highly discourage or ensure that employees don't move between jobs. So obviously employees quit or perform poorly in the current role.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no solid management team. Company and the management team have lost the steam. There is no CEO, VP of Sales. Lots of engineering teams don't have senior management for almost a year. Only advice to Senior Management: Pay well to retain your talented employees... including your line managers.

Used to be pretty awesome, could have been incredible, got pretty bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I worked at Brocade Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good campus. some excellent leadership. Great products. Incredible potential as… Cons: They have lost their way but are not too far gone. Leadership… Advice to Senior Management: Figure it out. Sell or build a new plan Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Work Life Balance

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Broomfield, CO

I worked at Brocade Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There are workout facilities at each site and they offer yoga, kick boxing and additional… Cons: The work life balance is said to be a big priority but there have been… Advice to Senior Management: Start allowing people to sell back their PTO since they are under too much pressure to get… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Brocade Communications.

Worked for Brocade Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brocade Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brocade Communications CEO Lloyd Carney. All reviews posted anonymously by Brocade Communications employees.