Brocade Communications
www.brocade.com San Jose, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Fast Paced - but also lots of FUN - and you get paid well too

Staff Hardware Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brocade Communications

ProsBrocade values teamwork and that's what makes working here fun. If your a "teamplayer" you will fit in fine. The work here is leading edge and we are tops in our field (Fibre Channel switches). Additionally - the benefits are very good with EXCELLENT vacation time (6 weeks a year for me since I've been here over 5 years!!!!!!!!!).
The pay is good and there is a very good Bonus program which has been paying out very well the past couple years.
If your in the Hardware field, we are one of the few places in Silicon Valley that's still showing some creativity - primarily since we make our own ASIC's. That's what sets our products apart from others.

ConsIt's fast paced - so you need to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great compensation, steady job

Manager, Software Engineering (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brocade Communications

Pros: 1) Great compensation package: To attract the right talent, Brocade pays a premium. With all the options scandals with the previous management this is what… Cons: 1) Slow pace of innovation : As with any company that is a market leader, brocade tends to be a little slow with introducing any… Advice to Senior Management: Take bold steps and move the company forward Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

best engineering team I have been working with

Staff Hardware Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brocade Communications

Pros: best team, excellent execution, good pay Cons: personal life is not quite balanced as you expected, high… Advice to Senior Management: keep a good spirit, so far so good. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Brocade Communications.

Worked for Brocade Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brocade Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brocade Communications CEO Lloyd Carney. All reviews posted anonymously by Brocade Communications employees.