Fast Paced - but also lots of FUN - and you get paid well too

Current Employee - Staff Hardware Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

Brocade values teamwork and that's what makes working here fun. If your a "teamplayer" you will fit in fine. The work here is leading edge and we are tops in our field (Fibre Channel switches). Additionally - the benefits are very good with EXCELLENT vacation time (6 weeks a year for me since I've been here over 5 years!!!!!!!!!). The pay is good and there is a very good Bonus program which has been paying out very well the past couple years. If your in the Hardware field, we are one of the few places in Silicon Valley that's still showing some creativity - primarily since we make our own ASIC's. That's what sets our products apart from others.

Cons

It's fast paced - so you need to keep up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Brocade Communications

Great compensation, steady job

Current Employee - Manager, Software Engineering in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Software Engineering in San Jose, CA

Pros

1) Great compensation package: To attract the right talent, Brocade pays a premium. With all the options scandals with the previous management this is what the company has to do in the valley to attract and retain top talent 2) Relaxed work environment : The company has a relaxed work environment. It could vary from group to group. But overall its evolving into a big company with processes and timelines that are comparable to a much larger company rather than a startup 3) Good work life balance : The company has a great benefits package. It truly takes care of its employees and tries to maintain the work life balance. 4) Nice people to work with : The company is a mixture of old timers and new employees. Its got a good vibe to it.

Cons

1) Slow pace of innovation : As with any company that is a market leader, brocade tends to be a little slow with introducing any new technology that could potentially upset the apple cart. 2) Conservative company that has a wait and watch policy towards technology. it tends to follow the leader rather than innovate and come up with something new

Advice to Management

Take bold steps and move the company forward

2. best engineering team I have been working with

Current Employee - Staff Hardware Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

best team, excellent execution, good pay

Cons

personal life is not quite balanced as you expected, high working pressure

Advice to Management

keep a good spirit, so far so good.