Brocade Communications
www.brocade.com San Jose, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Engineering Management mostly focused on solving technical problems / meeting arbitrary schedules not team development.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at Brocade Communications full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompetitive total compensation. Very flexible schedule. Good location.

ConsManagers generally have poor management skills, focused on solving Engineering problems not managing people, process, team building, or facilitating. Product schedules / architectures poorly planned all emphasis on execution which often causes major issues for teams and leads to inefficient development. No emphasis / follow-thru on development plans. Lack of empowerment and transparency. Completely top-down management style.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a solid professional Engineering Management team hiring experienced managers from best managed companies. Avoid temptation / inertia of hiring clones of in-house managers. Focus on greater cultural / intellectual / experience diversity of staff & managers. Plan / optimize for the long term to improve overall development efficiencies.

employer review

I have been working at Brocade Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great technology, great product, growing industry Cons: Technology development strategy, growth strategy unclear Advice to Senior Management: improve communication, strategy visibility and transparency Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Used to be a good place to work

An Employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brocade Communications full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: An opportunity to learn new technologgies Cons: Too many yes-men in the management Advice to Senior Management: Leave Brocade No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Brocade Communications.

Worked for Brocade Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brocade Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brocade Communications CEO Lloyd Carney. All reviews posted anonymously by Brocade Communications employees.