There are newer employer reviews for Brocade Communications

Great place to grow your career

Current Employee - Technical Marketing Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Technical Marketing Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

Very supportive people and also a lot of good team work as well. There is also a good balance between work and creative time,

Cons

I do not like the forced time off during the holidays which is part of your vacation time.

Advice to Management

Consider having better communication within each team and with each team member.

Other Employee Reviews for Brocade Communications

1. I am so lucky have found this diamond in the rough.

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Jose, CA

Pros

As a "small" big company, everyone is personally connected-- like an exclusive club-- as opposed to a giant monster of a company where everyone's a stranger and there's no camaraderie. I've been having lunch regularly with a couple of people I just met and had a great conversation with on the elevator-- and our departments are in no way related! The feedback system is great here, with a very structured on-boarding process that has made me feel very comfortable not only getting acquainted with Brocade as a company, but with corporate culture as well. The atmosphere is so welcoming yet so driven, it's easy to understand how to work hard and play hard at the same time here. I'm no exception-- this is the general consensus on my team and among other colleagues, and it's no wonder we were voted one of the top ten places to work in the Bay Area.

Cons

There are few downsides that I've seen so far working here. Much of the experience will depend on which manager you have, but generally I've seen heavy lifting in all departments when things get increasingly hectic. As a growing company, growing pains include process improvements and overhauls, which can be irritating to deal with. But again, faced with these challenges, Brocade as large and as small as it is, seems to coordinate well with the least amount of drama to at least journey in the right direction, if not achieve.

Advice to Management

Senior Management is doing a great job of not only making sure their teams are on track but also making themselves accessible to everyone. The employees are very grateful for their participation in everything from the Incoming classes' on-boarding briefings to the Executing Briefing Center presentations to our clients. That access gives the company human faces, and despite our growth, it's something that should remain the same.

2. I enjoy coming to work everyday and look forward to it.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

I get to do what I have always wanted to do working in my field with switches, etc - it's great.

Cons

I have no cons. I am VERY happy with my position.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, it is obviously working and very motivational.