There are newer employer reviews for Brocade Communications

I feel like the people are taken care of pretty well and we mostly have what we need to get the job done.

Current Employee - Test Engineer III in Broomfield, CO
Current Employee - Test Engineer III in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Brocade Communications

Pros

Work with cutting edge equipment and very talented people. Work life balance is good as long as deadlines are met.

Cons

Much lip service to career growth but I have seen next to no movement here. Training and learning done on personal time. Schedules don't move even when quality might be at stake.

Advice to Management

Don't discount our intelligence. When you stand up and say that you are promoting a work life balance and re institute a shutdown, with little to no advance warning and without changing any schedule deadlines, we know that it is going to take many Saturdays and Sundays to make up the time.

reviews filtered by
  1. A good company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI

I worked at Brocade Communications

Pros

We gave us the power to make the decisions we felt necessary to solve the customer concern.
    We were respected

Cons

The organization works within internal silos which have had negative impact on the ability to consistantly drive the honed value to the customer.

Advice to Management

Leverage cenergies wherever possible.
    Solicit feedback from the field organization on what would enable traction around messaging and product presentations.

It's a Joke!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Brocade Communications

Pros

we used to get paid big bonuses, but no more; however, the exec are still getting their nice perks
    the new campus is nice, but location is terrible; everyone's commute doubled.

Cons

they cut down on vacation accruals and vacation limits
    no matter what they have been advertising, they are not going to pay the usual bonus in Dec (which is a constant, so more like a salary than a real bonus)... GREAT! getting a small holiday generosity gift.... more like a slap in face at this point.
    Stock is so volatile, it's hard to rely on it for real long term appreciation;
    Morale is overall low
    Foundry acquisition backfired, obviously is not working; but if you listen to Klayko it's all going well...

Advice to Management

look at what you have done, created zero value; refused a potential acquisition from HP which would have made everyone happy. as the company performs poorly and employees perks and pay are diminished, they still award themselves bonuses, options and perks....