Brocade Communications
www.brocade.com San Jose, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to work, but doing down hill if corrections are not made quickely

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brocade Communications

ProsAmazing individual contributors. Some of the best and brightest I have had the pleasure to work with.

Great innovative products that challenge and are fun to work on and with.

Amazing network of company partners to help get your products out.

ConsThis is hard. I love Brocade. It has been my home for MANY years. However there are some new issues, in the last 12 months that are becoming an issue.

1.) With the exception of some individual promotions, raises have not been given in 2yrs or more for MANY people.

2.) In Dec, for the first time in the many many years I have been here, the 1/2 yr bonus was not paid. A Holiday bonus was given to soften the blow, however it was maybe 20% of what was normally received.

Now, these two items would have been acceptable. We had a bad quarter, and they were very generous during years that many of my friends received no bonuses. Most were ok with this, IF not for two items.

1.) There was a filing made in December showing that the Exec team all received SIGNIFICANT raises.

2.) There was in the same filing a cash bonus set up for the same team that would further increase the executive compensation.

If we sacrifice, they must sacrifice. Otherwise we leave.

June will be very telling to the future as to which of us will be staying at Brocade.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you have to hide something, you probably shouldn't be doing it. Treat us with respect, and we will continue to build the products that make you wealthy. Do again what you did in Dec, and you will see brain drain that you could not imagine.

Rewarding with sense of ownership, but limited growth opportunity

Director Product Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Brocade Communications

Pros: Good Compensation package, Great sense of empowerment, Get it done attitude… Cons: Exec Mgmt new and unproven, limited professional growth opportunities, very poor… Advice to Senior Management: Delegate, Make decisions faster, reduce over analyanalysing of everything, go… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great compensation, great support, great company

Deals Desk Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Brocade Communications

Pros: Even as an intern, there was great compensation. It was very obvious that the HR cared a great deal about the intern's experiences. There… Cons: At the time, the company was slightly disorganized due to the recent acquisition. Chain of commands was a little obscure, and it was often… Advice to Senior Management: I think the company would greatly benefit if there was a more organized system of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Brocade Communications.

Worked for Brocade Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brocade Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brocade Communications CEO Lloyd Carney. All reviews posted anonymously by Brocade Communications employees.