Brocade Communications

www.brocade.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brocade Communications

Great place to work, but doing down hill if corrections are not made quickely

Current Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Brocade Communications

Pros

Amazing individual contributors. Some of the best and brightest I have had the pleasure to work with.

Great innovative products that challenge and are fun to work on and with.

Amazing network of company partners to help get your products out.

Cons

This is hard. I love Brocade. It has been my home for MANY years. However there are some new issues, in the last 12 months that are becoming an issue.

1.) With the exception of some individual promotions, raises have not been given in 2yrs or more for MANY people.

2.) In Dec, for the first time in the many many years I have been here, the 1/2 yr bonus was not paid. A Holiday bonus was given to soften the blow, however it was maybe 20% of what was normally received.

Now, these two items would have been acceptable. We had a bad quarter, and they were very generous during years that many of my friends received no bonuses. Most were ok with this, IF not for two items.

1.) There was a filing made in December showing that the Exec team all received SIGNIFICANT raises.

2.) There was in the same filing a cash bonus set up for the same team that would further increase the executive compensation.

If we sacrifice, they must sacrifice. Otherwise we leave.

June will be very telling to the future as to which of us will be staying at Brocade.

If you have to hide something, you probably shouldn't be doing it. Treat us with respect, and we will continue to build the products that make you wealthy. Do again what you did in Dec, and you will see brain drain that you could not imagine.

374 Other Employee Reviews for Brocade Communications (View Most Recent)

Rewarding with sense of ownership, but limited growth opportunity

Current Employee - Director Product Management in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Director Product Management in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Brocade Communications

Pros

Good Compensation package, Great sense of empowerment, Get it done attitude amongst the employees, Less politics than other companies in the valley

Cons

Exec Mgmt new and unproven, limited professional growth opportunities, very poor vacation accrual policy, Poor Benefits compared to other companies in the valley

Delegate, Make decisions faster, reduce over analyanalysing of everything, go light on process and focus on results as much as process.

Great compensation, great support, great company

Former Employee - Deals Desk Intern in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Deals Desk Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at Brocade Communications

Pros

Even as an intern, there was great compensation. It was very obvious that the HR cared a great deal about the intern's experiences. There were many company hosted events that promoted networking and relationship development. It was a great place to begin a career in the corporate world.

Cons

At the time, the company was slightly disorganized due to the recent acquisition. Chain of commands was a little obscure, and it was often a little difficult to find the right person to talk to about a specific product or process simply because the hierarchy was very obscure.

I think the company would greatly benefit if there was a more organized system of command, especially with a company, such as Brocade, that intends to continue growing in future times.

There are newer employer reviews for Brocade Communications