Brocade Communications

www.brocade.com
  www.brocade.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brocade Communications

Good place to learn but does not reward good performance

I have been working at Brocade Communications

Pros

1. opportunity to learn new technologies
2. sense of ownership for the technology
3. easy to get PTO approved

Cons

1. No salary raise
2. Salary is not competitive with market for the similar positions
3. Management ignores issues and slow to adapt

1. If a process is not working, admit it and correct it and move on ... no one will think less of you for admitting something not working as planned.

368 Other Employee Reviews for Brocade Communications (View Most Recent)

down hill!

I have been working at Brocade Communications

Pros

new campus, that's about it.

Cons

decreased PTO policy, then re-instituted company shutdown to basically take back all the PTO; good move for the P&L and Balance Sheet, no so great for employees
    THIRD YEAR in row there wont be any raises
    used to have high bonuses, but not anymore; they are also cutting down on the percentage. Pay is now below average
    management is arrogant, incompetent, and has a sense of entitlement

pick a vision and stick to it, don't go out saying it's all good when it's not.

Great place to work, but doing down hill if corrections are not made quickely

Current Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Brocade Communications

Pros

Amazing individual contributors. Some of the best and brightest I have had the pleasure to work with.

Great innovative products that challenge and are fun to work on and with.

Amazing network of company partners to help get your products out.

Cons

This is hard. I love Brocade. It has been my home for MANY years. However there are some new issues, in the last 12 months that are becoming an issue.

1.) With the exception of some individual promotions, raises have not been given in 2yrs or more for MANY people.

2.) In Dec, for the first time in the many many years I have been here, the 1/2 yr bonus was not paid. A Holiday bonus was given to soften the blow, however it was maybe 20% of what was normally received.

Now, these two items would have been acceptable. We had a bad quarter, and they were very generous during years that many of my friends received no bonuses. Most were ok with this, IF not for two items.

1.) There was a filing made in December showing that the Exec team all received SIGNIFICANT raises.

2.) There was in the same filing a cash bonus set up for the same team that would further increase the executive compensation.

If we sacrifice, they must sacrifice. Otherwise we leave.

June will be very telling to the future as to which of us will be staying at Brocade.

If you have to hide something, you probably shouldn't be doing it. Treat us with respect, and we will continue to build the products that make you wealthy. Do again what you did in Dec, and you will see brain drain that you could not imagine.

There are newer employer reviews for Brocade Communications