There are newer employer reviews for Bronto Software

Great work environment and learning experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Durham, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I worked at Bronto Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall, Bronto is a great place to work.
- Fun people to be around
- Interesting work as part of a fast growing company in the SaaS industry
- Great benefits
- Open environment

Cons

For the most part, any complaints that I heard were fairly typical for any company. Bonuses didn't quite meet my expectations as we didn't always hit what were typically aggressive company targets, but for the most part, I had a very positive experience with Bronto and learned a lot about how to run a successful business.

Focus on maintaining company culture as the company continues to grow.
Reevaluate how and when to build out sales team. Consider more hiring when reps are consistently hitting quota and shifting sales hiring to the second half of the year when sales are typically slower so they are ramped heading into the new year.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Bronto Software (View Most Recent)

Can't Bite My Tongue Any Longer

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Northeast, NY
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Northeast, NY

I worked at Bronto Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Free Drinks
    - Occasional Tickets to Bulls games

Cons

Wow, where to start. First of all, all of the negative reviews are almost entirely accurate. You'll also notice that these all come from Sales and Marketing positions - those positions that actually bring in revenue to the company. That's telling. Biggest problem is that from the top of the Management Team (VP of Sales) to the lower rungs of management (Sales Directors) it is disturbingly dysfunctional. The VP treats everyone with a certain tone of "I'm better than you" I won't get into details b/c this Review will not be posted, but suffice it to say that the ship is being run aground and the only ones with lifeboats are the officers!

The software is the other side of the horror story - it is so flawed and none of the customers or prospects know this until it's too late. The platform is inferior and rife with issues and there is too much attention being paid to parties every Friday, expanding the office space, and hiring more managers than what is most important which are the people and the software.

Spend your money on the product and not on the VPs dalliances, continuous office expansion, and drinking fests, fooseball and parties. Value your employees (sales/marketing) and bring in a VP who can relate to them and their prospects/customers. (see former VP as an example!)

Has it's perks, but...

Former Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Durham, NC

I worked at Bronto Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great facility, coffee, snacks and beer. Fair with pay and benefits.

Cons

Little to no employee advancement. Entrepreneur mind not welcome.

Don't limit yourself to young minds. Bring in some wisdom.

There are newer employer reviews for Bronto Software

Worked for Bronto Software? Contribute to the Community!