There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

I loved BSL and was proud to work there, until I was (I believe) wrongfully terminated

Former Employee - Staff Development Coordinator in Raymore, MO
Former Employee - Staff Development Coordinator in Raymore, MO

Pros

I like working there because I did something different everyday. It was a very stressful, but rewarding position. The CNA's and CMT's where great to work with. I worked well with 95% of the nurses and the therapy department director was awesome to work with. I had a huge office/classroom downstairs and across the hall was central supply and she was a great person.

Cons

They are more about the money, than customer care. The Integrity Line, which is suppose to help employees, is a huge disappointment. The lack of communication is terrible in all aspects. If the upper management wants you gone..... Your gone no matter how much you do to cover yourself. They will question every employee to find the smallest problem and turn it into a reason to fire you.

Advice to Management

Stop terminating good employees for no reason, except to save money. Appreciate what they do and tell them they are doing a good job. Give them a bonus...they deserve it. Give them more to let them know their hard work means something to you.

Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Good pay, but the job is sometimes all consuming.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Villages, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Villages, FL

Pros

Competitive pay, good co-workers, good patient geographical perimeters.

Cons

Need to improve orientation, organization, and communication to associates. Payroll is a very disorganized process. Good pay when we get it.

Advice to Management

The hiring process needs improvement. When help is needed, good people are still trying to make it through the "HR bootcamp" to get started.

It isn't the Community Associates but the Corporate Associates

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seminole, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seminole, FL

Pros

The residents are the greatest thing about working with this company. The community staff really do treat eachother like family. We all take care of eachother.

Cons

Corporate-they are very smart people but do not treat the community based associates well. Seems like corporate staff are treated better just for working in the corporate world when the community based associates are really the important ones.

Advice to Management

You have a Divisional Vice President, a Regional Vice President and an Regional Director of Operations. Too many Regionals. It is important not only to be smart with numbers but it is also important to be smart with people.